1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Religion and Revolution' started by raystuttgart, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Adam Atreides

Adam Atreides Chieftain

Hey, hoping for some assistance. I downloaded the mod and it won't start. I have the steam version. The funny thing is when I start it, nothing comes up on the screen but steam says the application is in use. Any help would be appreciated.

2. devolution

devolution Prince

Where did you place the mod files ? I have my game folder located outside of the steam game-root like this: (try this if steam gives you issues, just copy the game folder from steamapps)

C:\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\MODS\Religion_and_Revolution

Make sure that the R&R is placed under the mods subdiretory , do not attempt to place it in "My Games" or whatever other folder you have been recommended.

Also, please post the full path to your game install (steam or like I prescribe)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  3. Adam Atreides

Adam Atreides Chieftain

Hang on,

I just followed the guide for installing the mod for dawn of a new era. I will remove RaR and reinstall it using the same path and see if that works

4. Sarin

Sarin Prince

Win8 or later, right? It's a mess sometimes. There's some kind of bug when starting mods....it can easily take 20-30 secs before the program actually starts. Sometimes (rarely for me) it doesn't start at all. Just start task manager, then the game. You should see that it pops up in task manager and hogs some resources. As long as it is doing someting, it'll eventually start. If the usage of CPU/drive drops to 0%, kill it and start again.

5. PlotVitalNPC

PlotVitalNPC Chieftain

I'm not sure why, but in this save, I've become unable to do anything at all, whether it be settling a city, moving a unit, or ending the turn.

Attached Files:

6. devolution

devolution Prince

The game is paused, that's why you cannot end your current turn. After unpausing, I was able to end the turn normally so the save is ok and you can continue playing :D

7. PlotVitalNPC

PlotVitalNPC Chieftain

Huh.
    Thank you for the help.
    I didn't even know this game had a pause function - and can't for the life of me tell why a turn based strategy game would need one.

8. R_TEAM

R_TEAM Chieftain

You can have with an other player an "realtime like" game mechanic - and here it is nice to have for emergency an "pause" button ...

9. Sarin

Sarin Prince

You gave us new version, it's time to give something back...bug reports :D

A minor one, excuse the pun. We're apparently using child labout for prospectors now...

10. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

We wanted to be historically correct...na, just kidding. Thanks for reporting. I have corrected the size in the Europe Screen.

11. Hecur

Hecur Chieftain

Can you have a look at this save. If i counquer Jamestown i get a second city and some native vilages are destroyed. Really weird behavior.

Merry Chirstmas

Attached Files:

12. devolution

devolution Prince

Wow, that's an interesting bug for sure! It appears that it is caused by a coastal ship being "teleported" after the city has been captured. After the capture of Jamestown it teleports to Plymouth (which is then captured due to an enemy unit being present in the city plot). Apparently this process repeats for the two Aztech villages as well.

13. devolution

devolution Prince

I've fixed it but more refinement is needed to correct this propely. You should be able to continue playing sans this bug with the attached dll!

EDIT: Do not use this DLL, there's a beta of 2.7.1 posted in a later thread!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  14. Hecur

Hecur Chieftain

Thanks, this fixes the issue.

15. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

TODO:
    Change the diplomacy setting so that I as France colony don't even see the kings of every nation I mean it makes the diplomacy menu so clunky and messy and you can't even do anything with these other colony kings so what's the point of having the option to chat to them

16. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

I love the mod but the other thing I would change is being able to build your colonies close to one another I understand the idea was to have larger colonies and such but good luck defending them if the natives decide to raise some

17. PlotVitalNPC

PlotVitalNPC Chieftain

They start interacting with you late-game if you're friendly with their colonies, and when you declare independence they become even more important and interactive as potential allies.
    For that, they've gotta exist as diplomatic entities in the game.

18. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

Oh
    Oh okay because it just seems kinda messy that they don't do anything till later and they take up so much space but if it is intentional I shan't complain then

19. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

As far as I remember we decided to set the distance to 3. It is a matter of taste. The game shall be challenging. :)

20. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

It is. So currently no to do here. However, maybe sometime someone has a better idea of the arrangement and is willing to implement it...I'm open minded for that. ;)