1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Religion and Revolution' started by raystuttgart, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

It seems that the ship of the line sailed with the convoy to PR. This is interesting, because ships of the line cannot sail to PR when sailing alone.

2. devolution

devolution Prince

Everybody,

Please attach the relevant save when reporting bus, it makes it far easier for us to investigate. Remember to write down detailed steps of how to reproduce the issue(s) and also what you expect to happen vs. what is actually happening. If you have modified the XML, list the changes.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  3. devolution

devolution Prince

Thanks for reporting, I have a simple fix for it in 2.7.1

digvoo likes this.
  4. devolution

devolution Prince

Thanks for reporting. The issue was that if at least one unit in the selected group had hidden nationality (like a pirate frigate, smuggler etc.), then the entire group was allowed to travel to Port Royal. Fixed by checking all of the units in the group instead in 2.7.1

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Renera likes this.
  5. Renera

Renera Chieftain

(Maybe) A new bug - A little hard to explain in english. In the attached savegame I noticed that units seem to disappear when they get a new job in the colony (assigned by Double-Clicking, not by Drag and Drop). Take a look at new Amsterdam. If you Double click at any Unit In town and give it a job in the surrounding countryside (for example lumberjack) the unit seems to get "invisible". I can't see it anywhere, but she is still there - partially. Population is still the same, also the income of Wood per round doesn't raise up.
    Further testing show up when I delete(by killing) the "visible" Population and take care that food runs out the "invisible" Units appear out of Nowhere.

Notice that New Amsterdam has already two "invisible Lumberjacks" (city Population of 46 but only 44 "visible" Units)

Greetings & thanks for Caretaking.:goodjob: You make a good job guys!:D

Attached Files:

6. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

you will also get them back when you click the button automating the population in the city. You don't need to delete the units... :lol:

However, it seems to happen only in SOME cases - not in any case and only if almost all places in the countryside are beset with a colonist. Strange...nevertheless they will produce something...so they are not lost

Renera likes this.
  7. devolution

devolution Prince

Very amusing bug, it seems that it's possible to make almost the entire city go incognito :lol:

8. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

Colopedia says that Portugal should have a veteran scout and expert fisherman but they only have the fisherman and a free colonist

9. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

? The colopedia says that Portugal gets a scout and free colonist as starting units - and ingame they get a scout (profession cavalry) and a free colonist (profession pioneers). Please post a screenshot.

10. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

@Schmiddie apologies i got confused :/ sorry for the confusion regarding the colopedia

11. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

upload_2018-1-6_20-23-46.png
    i think this post was what started the confusion in me

12. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

RAR americas gigantic map this is it

13. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

upload_2018-1-6_20-30-48.png has cavalry(free colonist) and expert fisherman

14. TheIO

TheIO Bugged

Is it just me or is the Danish AI incapable of handling the RAR Americas (Gigantic) map? Played that map numerous times and the only time I've seen AI Denmark settle was when I was Sweden (having WB'd them into Argentina).

15. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

This is a scenario map. The scenario maps can have different units related to the standard maps, since they are sometimes under development. Thanks for the hint. We will match that in the next version.

16. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

The "Danish" AI is not different to the other ones. I have never noticed any problems with the Danish nation.

17. Marla_Singer

Marla_Singer United in diversity

The problem isn't about Denmark as a nation, it's related to their starting location on RAR Americas gigantic map. They start off the coast of Iceland, but rarely settle there because it's certainly judged too small by the AI. Usually, the Danish AI will continue exploring beyond Iceland to settle in Greenland or Newfoundland, but the areas there are very poor with few yields too grow and lack of food. So yeah, I can only agree with what IanOakley is saying. Denmark on that specific map doesn't work well.

This is an old issue which has always existed, it's not new to v2.7 (I haven't downloaded that one yet). I believe that comes from the fact the AI in Civ4Col is aimed to build land Empires, expanding accross a single big landmass, and not to build colonies on different smaller islands. In the same way, the Caribbeans are generally ignored by the AI despite having good ressources. As a Human player I generally enjoy settling in the Caribbeans for that reason, automatizing ships for goods transport between colonies in the same way as for chariots on land. But I don't think the AI knows how to do this.

But yeah, the fastest way to solve the issue would be to change the starting location of Denmark to somewhere closer to continental lands. At first I wanted Europeans to be fully randomized, but it's not possible to do so without randomizing American Natives as well, and I don't like how they are randomized generally. There is still that "random version" available in the mod though.

So the best is probably to do what IanOakley has done: to change the starting location by hand. I wouldn't recommend doing so through WorldBuilder though because it risks to cause a bug preventing the church and wild animals to appear in the game. The best way to change starting locations is to write down the X and Y coordinates of the spots you want to use as starting locations and then to open the map on the notepad in order to directly edit them in the XML. That's the best way to guarantee the mod will behave as intended by its developpers.

digvoo likes this.
  18. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

This is absolutely correct, therefore we have two versions of the scenario map - one with static starting locations and one map that has not static starting locations. Of course, evey one can change the starting location if he wants to do that. I do not intend to change them on the static map.

19. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

I love the scenario maps for a historical theme for playingcolonization especially as Spain so much fun to kill them aztecs inca maya nad Tupi :p

20. digvoo

digvoo Chieftain

One minor typo (priate): https://prnt.sc/hxew1b
    And for this one I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this, didn't notice it before (2 same buttons for sailing to Port Royale): https://prnt.sc/hxew32
    I'll attach the save game for second one if needed.

Attached Files: