1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Religion and Revolution' started by raystuttgart, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

Is it intended for missionaries and evangelists to spawn from what I presume is me having someone work in the church

2. digvoo

digvoo Chieftain

@Mehahe
    As far as I know, they should only appear as immigrants in Europe and only then you can put them in your colonies as teachers to students in University or Great University.
    Edit: You can get them also through Founding Fathers.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  3. digvoo

digvoo Chieftain

Attached Files:

4. Ag0range

Ag0range Chieftain

Now I faced something weird. I cannot make the colonists work in one particular city. The city named Plattie went buggy. I can only take the existent colonist out of this city, but I cannot assign jobs anymore here. Other cities behave as intended. Save included

Attached Files:

5. devolution

devolution Chieftain

Nothing strange going on here, the colonists can't join the city since it is starving. Even though the city does have some food stored, it's not enough to satisfy the requirements. (you would have been able to let colonists join a starving city if more food was stored or if the new colonist could have worked a food tile that would at least be food neutral)

For reference: The exact conditions that determine if a colonist can join a (starving) city: CvUnit::canJoinStarvingCity. Also see CvUnit::canJoinCity.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  6. devolution

devolution Chieftain

Thanks for reporting. The problem arises when attempting to assign a unit to work a plot with the best profession for the plot, but this process may fail if no suitable combination is found. The result is that the unit appears to disappear (it remains "unemployed" inside the city and appears to be invisible). Working on a proper fix (for reference, the problem is in CvCity::alterUnitProfession which fails to handle the case where AI_bestProfessionPlot returns -1)

7. Randomsheep

Randomsheep Chieftain

Any chance of a feedback message of some kind when this happens to prevent confusion?

8. digvoo

digvoo Chieftain

You're gonna ban me, definitely. :lol:
    Though, I'm playing A LOT RAR 2.7.
    This time, it's Great White Shark behind impassable terrain: https://prnt.sc/hzdoru

Attached Files:

9. devolution

devolution Chieftain

Thanks for letting us know.. and now for some questions:

1) Can it move at all ?
    2) Have you seen it move from regular ocean -> underneath the ice ?

(can't open the save where I am, so I'm asking :scan:)

10. digvoo

digvoo Chieftain

1) After many turns, still stuck on same impassable tile (humpback whale, orca, shark): https://prnt.sc/hzgv7i
    Though, they can attack on adjacent tiles.
    2) No, I tested about 5 turns and all 3 wild animals are stuck on the same tile. It seems that they spawned there from the start.
    EDIT: I can't claim that they spawned there from the start, because I didn't see them moving from regular ocean to the impassable tile, so, scratch that second part in 2).

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  11. smallfry

smallfry Chieftain

The Foreign Advisor shows that I am at war with the English but we also have open borders.
    This is not only impossible but also not true in respect of being at war.

I also have noticed that occasionally great generals are born to AI factions but no war is shown on the Advisor screen.
    Not impossible but you would have to kill an awful lot of animals to get a great general in peace time.

Attached Files:

12. smallfry

smallfry Chieftain

And here is a really nice one.
    Go to the small army north of Plymouth and attack the city.
    There are two possible outcomes:
    If you are unlucky or attack in the wrong order (weak units first) the last unit you have to fight is a Small Coastal Ship (SCS).
    Otherwise you kill a Light Artillery last and take the city. You not only get the SCS there but also the city of Jamestown nearby including some more SCS.

The bug seems to have something to do with SCS as, when I took a different city before I suddenly owned a small fleet of them sitting on a non adjacent tile (sorry, no save for that).

Btw, is it intended that you can't conquer Wagon Trains anymore, neither inside a city nor in the open?
    If so, is there an easy way to change that back? I find the wars against the AI tedious enough to not having to build lots of Wagon Trains afterwards and always saw them as legitimate spoils of war.

Attached Files:

13. smallfry

smallfry Chieftain

And maybe another one:
    Find the army south of Frederiksberg. Pseudo-attack(?) with the 5th unit in the second row (a Dragoon) but keep your finger on the right mouse button.
    The combat preview stats (?) show a ratio of 6.81/6.75.
    But the healthiest defender has a strength of 1.8 and a bonus of 35% is shown that he doen't get.

Apparently the combat preview uses the Sioux Brave who is also in Frederiksberg. Unfortunately I am not at war with the Sioux but with the French.
    So it seems whenever there is a Brave on the same tile than someone I want to attack I cannot make an informed decision on the attack.

I just made a Scout in Middlestedt and tried the same with him. Then I see the true combat preview stats of 4/1.8!?

Attached Files:

14. devolution

devolution Chieftain

Thanks for reporting!

I posted a DLL with a fix applied here: [Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

As for the other bugs you've mentioned:

Foreign Advisor : Aware of this one, it has eluded me for a while.
    Combat odds vs. mixed stacks (enemies and neutrals): This is new too me, but I'm not surprised that bugs are lurking there since there are many issues with the combat system.
    Capturing transports (wagon trains etc.): Was allowed in TAC and somehow got broken i RaR. We have discussed it internally and agreed to restore the TAC behaviour. I have a private build with the feature restored, but it's not published due to fear of causing other issues.

Other combat system related bugs that I'm aware of:

- Ships will defend against native raids (and loose!)
    - Wrong defender is picked against raids (an unpromoted colonist is prioritized before a promoted veteran)
    - The combat odds are inaccurate (they have been wrong ever since the feature "limited combat rounds" was introduced)

Possible new bugs that I'm investigating:

- During the WoI, the king will not attack cities with a smuggling boat / Man-O-War / ranger

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  15. smallfry

smallfry Chieftain

Re SCS-Fix:
    I have encountered the issue again and then read your post.
    Got the fix, exited the game, pasted the new DLL over the old one and restarted.
    Unfortunately no change.
    Really breaks the game. Here goes my sunday :badcomp:

Description of bug:
    If you attack Petit-Goave (French southern coasttown) you will get 4(!) cities.
    Btw, you do not specify whether this is the 1- or 2-plot DLL. I play 1-plot.

Also you might have overlooked the other issue in my post above. It doesn't make sense that you either have to defeat the SCS or not depending on the outcome of other combats. Either they have to be defeated or they are spoils of war as Wagon Trains used to be.

Speaking of WT: No easy fix in XML for that which I could reproduce?
    Also I am quite sure that it was possible in RAR, too, to capture WTs with cities or in the open. I have played many games of RAR but stopped updating when the 2-plot stuff came up (to say something positive: I much appreciate the choice of city size).
    WTs behaved just like unarmed villagers in that respect whereas ships defended themselves in cities but could not be captured (except sometimes by pirates). So SCS behave strangely as well.

Attached Files:

16. devolution

devolution Chieftain

NOTE: BETA1 IS NOW OBSOLETE!
    See: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/2-7-1-beta-2.629687/#post-15060403

Sorry, that was the 2-plot DLL :shifty:

I've decided to upload the 2.7.1 beta DLL (both versions ofc)

RaR 2.7.1 beta

Changes relative to 2.7:

From current develop branch:

OPT3: From K-mod: "Made some minor efficiency improvements to CvUnitAI::AI_promote"
    BUG25: Disable the European peace DLL event if the game option always war is enabled
    BUG24: Citizens will no longer seem to disappear if re-assigned (by double clicking the citizen) to a plot with no apparent economic value. Removed testing/debug code.
    BUG23: Pirates and other non-animal "barbarians"/wild-animals will no longer result in a warning about animals
    BUG22: We only allow ships to sail to Port Royal if all units in the group are allowed to do so

Not commited yet (may or not make it to 2.7.1 in their current form):

Slaves and prisoners may no longer found cities (First AI cheat to be removed - Yay!)
    Fixed the coastal ship teleport / chain capture bug (units were allowed to jump to enemy cities)
    Fixed the city import/export dialog issue (the columns were switched)
    Fixed an issue in getBestDefender that could make the AI think that a unit inside a transport was a valid defender. Additional optimizations (by refactoring some of the functionality into a separate and more effective hasDefender() credit: K-mod)

Installation:
    Unzip the archive, then place the appropriate DLL in the assets folder by overwriting the existing DLL.

Savegame compatibility:
    2.7 (so you can upgrade without having to start a new game)

Note to bug reporters: Please verify that the bugs have been fixed, then report back in this thread. Thank you :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    digvoo likes this.
  17. smallfry

smallfry Chieftain

That's peculiar. My savegame started with the 2-plot DLL normally and still displayed only a 1-plot radius.

Anyway, I tried with the new download and still no joy. Exactly the same as before - with both DLLs.
    Either I am doing something wrong (do I have to empty a cache or something?) or the fix doesn't work in all instances.
    Try my savegame from #2375 and you will see.

18. devolution

devolution Chieftain

I just tried the save you uploaded. with the 2.7.1 beta 1-plot DLL. I was able to conquer Petit-Goave without noticing any issues. There's no need to flush the cache or anything like that, it's just a matter of replacing the DLL. The city radius is correct as far as I did check.

19. smallfry

smallfry Chieftain

Not here. Just tried again after repasting the 2.7.1 DLL one more time just to make sure.
    So something must be different in your setup and mine.
    I have not changed anything in the XMLs.

I noticed that in v2.7 both DLLs are 4.232 bytes. In v2.7.1 the 2-plot DLL growed to 4.236 whereas the 1-plot DLL is still the same size?

20. devolution

devolution Chieftain

Just checked the zip archive:
    1-plot DLL: 4232 kB
    2-plot DLL: 4236 kB

Maybe a third party / another player could check the save with the 2.7.1 1-plot DLL ?