[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

I've encountered a little problem with the customs house.

Although I have marked goods like guns, tools and so on as "don't sell", they are sold when the total storage capacitiy is exceeded. There have been enough other goods which could have been sold at larger quantities.
This is at least unexpected, as one would assume that "don't sell" actually means don't sell.

Although I have marked goods like guns, tools and so on as "don't sell", they are sold when the total storage capacitiy is exceeded. There have been enough other goods which could have been sold at larger quantities.
This is at least unexpected, as one would assume that "don't sell" actually means don't sell.

Overflow when Storage Capacity is exceeded is not Custom House Selling.

The Custom House Screen only controls the sales before Overflow.

So this is no bug in the Custom House Screen. :thumbsup:

Maybe, if I might find the time, I will rework Overflow at some point. :dunno:
(I know that people are not always happy with the way Overflow currently works.)

Simply do not let Overflow happen.
It is quite naturally that you will not like the results then.

I don't have a problem with overflow by itself.

I do have a problem with having an automated feature like the warehouse, but not working in exactly that moment when you would need it the most.

Well ok, that is how it currently works. :)
As I said, Overflow is not affected by the feature.

We will see what the future brings. :thumbsup:

I am simply currently busy with things that are much more important.

I have some problems with the starting music (which I like very much, by the way).
The respective file is "OpeningMenu3.mp3" to be found in ..../assets/sounds/soundtrack

This is the only soundfile which is completely distorted - at least on my rig. The distortion occurs both in game as well as when played via VLC player or Windows Media Player and starts at around second 14 (a low screeching noise in the background, quickly becoming really annoying). Actually, due to that I am meanwhile turning on music when being ingame already.

You may have to increase the volume to mid level to notice it.

As I said, this is the only soundfile not being properly played on my rig. So, I wonder if others do notice this too, and if yes, if there would be a way to update this file (or link to the origin).

"OpeningMenu3.mp3" to be found in ..../assets/sounds/soundtrack

There is no OpeningMenu3.mp3 in our Soundtrack. :confused:

Edit:

I have been listening to OpeningMenu.mp3 on all different volume levels.
It just sounds perfect for me. :dunno:

Maybe there went something wrong during upload or download.

But don't worry, we will upload it again, with our next release. :thumbsup:
(It will not be too long. We are working hard on it.)

There is no OpeningMenu3.mp3 in our Soundtrack. :confused:
You're right, my mistake. :blush:
It is "OpeningMenu.mp3", of course.

Seems that by switching back and forth I got confused.

One comment to the "Pearls Hunter". Wouldn't it be better to rename that unit/profession to "Pearl Diver"?

Edit: in addition, Hunter and Seals Hunter seem to have a teach level of 2, which I regard as questionable. I would propose to lower that to 1.

Edit 2: There are even more units with an increased teach level (=2):
Tobacco Planter, Hemp Planter, Cotton Planter, Indigo Planter, Trapper, Cocoa Planter, Coffee Planter, Red Pepper Planter and Sugar Planter.

One comment to the "Pearls Hunter". Wouldn't it be better to rename that unit/profession to "Pearl Diver"?

We could also call it "Pearls Fisher". :dunno:

The Native English Speakers in our team are free to improve all English texts of the mod in the way they think it is best. :thumbsup:

Been playing Release 1.1 online with a friend and whenever either of us bargains with the natives we get an out of sync error. Also on my computer most of the new audio tracks are ear shatteringly loud compared to the old audio tracks an could use volume balancing. Great mod so far by the way really enjoying it.

... whenever either of us bargains with the natives we get an out of sync error.

Strange. :think:
(The random that is used is SorenRand as usual.)

The feature however is pretty tricky considering the actual implementation, because huge parts of the Trade Dialog are enclosed in the colonization.exe.
(Most modders I had been talking about the feature before I started the implementation did not even believe it was possible at all.)

I also must admit, that most features we implemented have never been tested for multiplayer. :(

Also on my computer most of the new audio tracks are ear shatteringly loud compared to the old audio tracks an could use volume balancing.

I will take a look, when I find the time.
(Currently extremely busy with other tasks though.)

Great mod so far by the way really enjoying it.

We are happy to hear that. :)
(And the mod is even getting better with every week we work on it.)

OK. Could you write the exact error message?
If you could get a screenshot? So it happens every time you try to bargain with them?

I'll take a screen shot but as i recall it just shows many conflicting sync values and no direct error message. I'll post as long as my power and internet hold out as this mod is what I'll be doing during hurricane Sandy.

Graphical fight of a manowar vs. a demnark caravel after the entire denmark populartion was wiped from the new work ended up with a major graphical glitch ( denmark caravel disapears ).
I win the fight, the manowar moves into the space but the game does not withdraw from the zoomed in mode nor does it allow me to do ANYTHING.

I have a feeling this has something to do with the modded in civilization not being able to adequately declare defeat.

In the included save, the caravel can be found approximately 3 turns in, possibly four. You still have the oportunity to defeat the final denmark city as well.

DO NOT move the manowar, the caravel will become available on its own!..

Also you can comment about the actual gameplay from what you can see in terms of how I play if you like :)

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1650-January.ColonizationSave
    673.7 KB · Views: 35
Hi Shoobs,

this sounds like this:

Known Bugs and Problems

Eliminating a player by killing his last unit sometimes results in the game not returning to normal view.
Simply click on Mini-Map when this happens.

Solution is really simple:
Click on Mini-Map

This is a bug we carried over from TAC.
To be more specific, it is related to code I hade implemented myself while I was still a team member of TAC.

Simply did not find the time to analyse and fix until now.
(It is only a small graphical glitch and there were always todos that were more important.)

Another problem is, that I could never reproduce this on my own machine.

But the bug will get back on my todo-list. :thumbsup:
(Which is really long however.)

Hi Shoobs,

this sounds like this:

Solution is really simple:
Click on Mini-Map

This is a bug we carried over from TAC.
To be more specific, it is related to code I hade implemented myself while I was still a team member of TAC.

Simply did not find the time to analyse and fix until now.
(It is only a small graphical glitch and there were always todos that were more important.)

Another problem is, that I could never reproduce this on my own machine.

But the bug will get back on my todo-list. :thumbsup:
(Which is really long however.)

Ah, well, alright. I'll try that but I believe the last time I tried ( a week ago ) it wouldn't even let me do that. There's a reason I chose an autosave that still had Denmark with its last city still on the map.

@Ray,
About a week ago you posted to hold off on updating from the SVN. Is this still in place or can I update?

JosEPh

@Ray,
About a week ago you posted to hold off on updating from the SVN. Is this still in place or can I update?

See here. :)

Please regularly read [Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development. :thumbsup:
(It is the main thread for all our mod development where all important things are discussed.)

Top Bottom