[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

Wheelwright event gives +30 ( WHAT?! ) crosses per turn if you choose the faith option! Everything else seems to be a fair bit more inline... +4 food, +2 tools, +2 hammers, get stagecoach.

Playing with SVN 759 (which will be incorporated into release 1.2 due this weekend), the first village my first scout visited offered an expert seal hunter, so it does happen:

Thanks for confirming. :thumbsup:
(As I said, I had checked the XML-configuration and everything seemed correct.)

Alatari said in post #641:

Playing with SVN 759 (which will be incorporated into release 1.2 due this weekend), the first village my first scout visited offered an expert seal hunter, so it does happen:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

I finally found one (it's 1600 AD and I'm still exploring this map and have like 14 scouts with 28+ experience points now) and the Expert Seal Hunter village is a Zapotec town in the middle of the high altitude desert. That's funny.

Like the other guy said earlier, Expert Hunter and Expert Seal Hunter are not any different. They both work on the Seal resource or the Deer.

During my last game, I found the following issues I'd like to report:

1) Iroquois offer me to buy native mercs for 2800 gold. I have 3000 gold. I should have 3 options: a) Buy for 3000, b) That's too expensive, we give you half of that, c) No thanks. I only have options b) and c) available (Does buying mercs at half price eventually anger natives?)
They always want 8100 gold from me so I've never had enough to buy them and at that price I can buy almost 2 veteran soldiers.

3) I've been at war with the English for a long time. A message of the king says that from a request of the king of England, he orders me to stop war with the english. Right after, I have auto-peace with the english. And in my capital, a Famous Noble Man and two Statemen appear (of course, they were most welcome).
I need to go back to war with the English or someone. I made peace with them and the Portugeuse so I could disband the captured cities. The Spanish are on a genocide mission and making me and the Dutch angry so maybe them.

The Colopedia entry says a Butcher shop provides 3 Leather and 1 Food per worker but when I built one the workers are providing 3 food.

If that's not a bug it's very unrealistic because it takes 5 to 6 pounds of food for cow to put on 1 pound of weight gain. That's up to the 900 pound animal and from 900 pounds to the finished 1300 pound animal it takes 2 pounds of corn to gain 1 pound so the absolute best you could get off a tile ranching beef is 5 food and realistically 3 or 4 food where a farmer worker can get 8 to 10. You are getting the leather as an extra resource so it seems reasonable to make the workers provide 3 leather and 3 food but the Ranchers can produce maximum 6 cattle per tile unless there's corn or wheat resource for 2 more.

If you have another city producing a lot of cattle and import it you could still push the city population over 22 with butchers but not on it's own tiles.

http://www.extension.org/pages/35850/on-average-how-many-pounds-of-corn-make-one-pound-of-beef-assuming-an-all-grain-diet-from-backgroundi

Native raiding parties can destroy the carpenter's shop in a city. Which is quite disturbing, as you can neither build it nor buy it again. Thus, this city becomes a bit useless.

Like the other guy said earlier, Expert Hunter and Expert Seal Hunter are not any different. They both work on the Seal resource or the Deer.

It is fixed in Release 1.2. :thumbsup:

Commander Belo wrote in post #669:
Native raiding parties can destroy the carpenter's shop in a city. Which is quite disturbing, as you can neither build it nor buy it again. Thus, this city becomes a bit useless.
This happened to me some time ago, but as I recall, you can rebuild it. It may not show up in the build menu for a turn but the option to rebuild does become available. I think it only takes one turn to rebuild as well, though I'm going from a hazy memory here.

I have noticed a bug with R&R. Goto for units is a bit messed up. I will tell a land unit to goto a certain city, and it heads off in the wrong direction, and its path as projected takes it over water toward the city instead of over land to the city.
Just thought I'd tell you about it.
The click and choose destination goto works well, its the Goto city one that seems a bit messed up.

Oh, a second bug, treasure can not go over mountains, (without a road) and you find treasure on a mountain (burials) and that treasure, if it is surrounded by mountains is locked and can not move.

Commander Belo wrote in post #669:

This happened to me some time ago, but as I recall, you can rebuild it. It may not show up in the build menu for a turn but the option to rebuild does become available. I think it only takes one turn to rebuild as well, though I'm going from a hazy memory here.

Happened to me last night and it took 3 turns to rebuild without a carpenter. I have Adam Smith though who gives the + 1 hammer for a base camp.

I have noticed a bug with R&R. Goto for units is a bit messed up. I will tell a land unit to goto a certain city, and it heads off in the wrong direction, and its path as projected takes it over water toward the city instead of over land to the city.

That's something in Vanilla Civ IV. If there is unexplored black territory the goto function will always choose it as if it were the right tiles (ocean or land).

Is there black unexplored territory on that map between the unit and it's destination?

The click and choose destination goto works well, its the Goto city one that seems a bit messed up.

That was not changed in our mod. :dunno:
And I have seen behaviour like this in Vanilla and TAC, too.

Oh, a second bug, treasure can not go over mountains, (without a road) and you find treasure on a mountain (burials) and that treasure, if it is surrounded by mountains is locked and can not move.

Well yes, if you have get a treasure on a plot (or an area) that is completely surrounded by Peaks, the treasure is locked.
Not really a "bug". It is as the feature behaves.
Simply bad luck.

Heavy Graphic Bug:

Current version, Europe looks like this:

The Menu is missing.

New start of the game does not solve this problem.

Attachments

• Europe.jpg
    Europe.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 210
Hi Schmiddie,

not for me. :confused:
(And I am using the version from the download.)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 108
Schmiddie wrote in post #676:
Heavy Graphic Bug:
Current version, Europe looks like this:
The Menu is missing.
New start of the game does not solve this problem.
I had this happen to me with the first game I played on a new SVN version about a week ago. However, starting a new game did make it go away so I never reported it. But it indicates that the problem was there previous to the new release.

Top Bottom