[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

So the CTDs are random and cannot be pinpointed to a certain round or action ?

So ok, let me ask you some questions just to clarify a few points.
(Have been gone the last days.)

1. Ary ou able to load a save short before a CTD and continue a few rounds again before the next CTD ?
2. Did you modify the mod yourself or do you play with clean Release 1.3 ?
3. Do you use Patch 1.01f for Colonization ?
4. What is the mapsize you have chosen ?
5. What is the screen resolution you use ?
6. What is the current game turn ?
7. What is the windows performance index of your machine ?
8. What makes you believe it is related to a Fouding Father ? Does it happen after you get offered a FF and select him ?

Sorry, but I don't have Release 1.3 anymore to take a look at your save and I am currently extremely busy.
(Maybe somebody else can try if he also has CTDs with your save.)

1. Yes, and I am able to continue past the prior CtD until another one occurs.
2. I didn't modify it myself, played with the clean release.
3. Yes, or rather, I used whichever patch Steam autoloads onto the game.
4. Large. Is this too large?
5. 1024x768, maybe 1366x768. Could this be the cause?
6. That game's was around 50, but this isn't particularly relevant I believe - it can happen within one turn of start or ten.
7. I want to say 5.8 - sorry, I'm not at home right now. Maybe 6.1.
8. Because I have never seen anything related to Founding Fathers pop up while playing this mod yet, and I'm pretty sure either I or the AI would have something by now. Unless it takes until the 17th century for them to appear(which isn't a criticism, just an explanation), I think it may be that when one triggers, the game crashes rather than loads the event. You would probably know this better than I could.

2. I didn't modify it myself, played with the clean release.

Ok great. :thumbsup:
Just wanted to be sure.

3. Yes, or rather, I used whichever patch Steam autoloads onto the game.

As far as I know, Steam does install patch 1.01f.
But since I don't have the Steam version I am not 100% sure.

1. Yes, and I am able to continue past the prior CtD until another one occurs.
4. Large. Is this too large?
5. 1024x768, maybe 1366x768. Could this be the cause?
6. That game's was around 50, but this isn't particularly relevant I believe - it can happen within one turn of start or ten.

Usually random crashes (not pinpointed to a certain action or turn) indicate that it is a performance issue somewhere.
The fact that you are able to load a save and continue a few rounds also goes into that direction.

Since your problem however happens on a moderate mapsize (large really is not that big) I guess, it is not related to CPU or RAM.

However you are playing on high resolutions which have been reported several times to cause problems (mostly on machines with weaker graphic cards).
Spoiler :

I am playing myself on such high resolutions but my machine is incredibly strong.

So I suggest:
Try the resolution 1024 x 768 just to see if it works better.
(Also check if you can deactivate or decrease other graphics settings in the Graphics Options of the game.)

7. I want to say 5.8 - sorry, I'm not at home right now. Maybe 6.1.

Please tell me the exact values of "Windows Performance Index" when you are at home again.
Would be interesting.

8. Because I have never seen anything related to Founding Fathers pop up while playing this mod yet, and I'm pretty sure either I or the AI would have something by now.

Would be strange because:

A) Founding Fathers seem to work for other users including myself (although I am not playing clean Release 1.3).
B) There should only be a problem - if at all - after you have actually selected the FF.

Just posting to say I turned down the resolution and the high graphics settings, and so far played through 1540 without a single crash. :D Thanks so much for the help, this mod's a blast!

EDIT: Spoke too soon, got a CtD in another game at 1521 :/ oh well, hopefully it will be less often this time around.

Hi ray,

could you have a look at the adjustment of the city management screen.

The buttons (vanilla as well as special RaR buttons) are cutted of at the top:

Thank's!

I did not change anything to that.
Maybe it is related to resolution. :dunno:

But it does not seem to be a big issue anyways.

I have a text-"bug"

"Five native mercs"
You have got five native mercs. That is QUITE (not "quiet") a TASKFORCE (not "task force", it is one word)

I have a text-"bug"

Thanks. :)

Most of the people working on the mod (like myself also) are / were not native English speakers.
So there are probably a lot of small mistakes in the English texts.

By the way:
"task force" is not written as one word. ;)

By the way:
"task force" is not written as one word. ;)

lol,you're right :)

Another text-bug:

"Hire smuggler"
Thank you for this hint, EHM (not "ahm") warning, your Majesty.
We will react accordingly.

(In the option text below )

Contant and hire smugglers (Contant is german ;) )
- just delete it and make the option say "Hire smugglers"

Contant and hire smugglers (Contant is german ;) )

It is not German. It is just a typo. :)
It was supposed to be "Contact".

Thanks for telling. :thumbsup:

It is not German. It is just a typo. :)

ah, that makes sense.. :)

In many games I discover a treasure right in the middle of a mountain chain, and since these units cannot move in mountains I just have to delete it. Dunno if this can be fixed.

Also, is there a cap on how many Rangers you can receive from the King?
In my game now I get the offer to hire Rangers, but even if I have more than enough money I do not get the option to hire them. I can only decline the offer.

ah, that makes sense.. :)
In many games I discover a treasure right in the middle of a mountain chain, and since these units cannot move in mountains I just have to delete it. Dunno if this can be fixed.

That is simply bad luck and no bug.
I can't do anything about that.

In my game now I get the offer to hire Rangers, but even if I have more than enough money I do not get the option to hire them. I can only decline the offer.

That is a general problem in the way the DLL-Diplo-Events are generated.
(They are precalculated at the end of the last round.)

So it may happen, that

1. At the end of the last round / beginning of the new round you do not have the money to buy.
2. Then Europe-Screen pops up first because of some ships arriving in Europe and you are able to sell goods to get more money.
3. A DLL-Diplo-Event pops-up and the possible answers do not fit to your current money anymore.

Has been told / discussed several times already.
There is little I can do about that with reasonable effort.

However, all that might happen is that the possible answers don't fit your current money.
(Anything else is caught in the logic.)

You can always bring pioneer and build one tile road on one of mountains ;)

If he can build a road to it. With the way the roads are set up. If the mountain in question is not one tile away from land or water, roads can't be built for it.

SVN-version

At the beginning of game.
I immediately sailed back to Europe to sell my Cuirassier and Pioneer, so that I could equip two Indentured servants as scouts.
Loaded the two scouts into my Caravel and sailed back to the New world.

As I came back to the new world I was instantly attacked by Kraken-like orcas ;)
This resulted in my Caravel being lost to the seas.

Then at next turn a new Caravel spawned in the new world, and suddenly I had one Cuirassier and a Pioneer loaded in my Caravel.
My scouts had been lost, but I had been handed two new units that once again could be sold in Europe to buy new units.

Maybe this is not working as intended?

Perhaps a moratorium for the attack from sea-monsters for the first 12 turns could help?

Maybe this is not working as intended?

The internal SVN version is not balanced nor have I had time to do real play testing yet.
This is simply not a release version.

All it is current really meant for:
Working on it and finding bugs.

Perhaps a moratorium for the attack from sea-monsters for the first 12 turns could help ?

There are different possibilities to balance Wild Animals in Water.
I will take care of it, once my current todos are done and I get to play testing and balancing. :thumbsup:

Hi,

I just started playing RaR..all I can say is wow!!! good job!

I did run into one bug/problem. On a map with alot of mountains, several of my scouts found treasure. Since treasure can't move they are forced to be stationary until a wandering native destroys it. I recommend adding a unit called "Mule train". This unit would move over land, have 3 cargo slots and be capable of carrying one treasure. The treasure would be able to load into a mule train outside a city. It would have a strength of 2 with a +50% when in mountains, and could only defend. A movement of 2 probably would be most appropriate.

my 2cp,
Windfoot

I just started playing RaR..all I can say is wow!!! good job!

Thanks. :)

I did run into one bug/problem.

It is not a bug. :)
It is "working as designed".

If you have a treasure locked in a mountain area, it is simply bad luck.
But you might try to send a pioneer to build a road over one of the mountains.

Thank you for the reply.

The more I think about it the "mule train" could be thought of as a rescue party and the treasure like the Donner Party. A group of settlers are trapped in the mountains and require a rescue with a "mule train" in X number of turns. When you get the treasure back to a city you get the value of the treasure and maybe some bonus liberty bells.

I found bug regarding the artillery units in the game:

If you "click" to the colopedia ingame via the button, it looks like this:

Spoiler :

This happens with all artillery units (garrison, artillery, royal artillery and mortar).

If you go to "units" directly from the main menu everything works fine!

:confused:

Attachments

• art_bug.jpg
    art_bug.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 336
Top Bottom