[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

Because it says they celebrate the end of a war, while there hasn't been any war.

Do you know if there have been any wars in Europe ?
Nobody says that the war had taken place in the New World.

I don't see any bug.
But of course this could be changed again.

Do you know if there have been any wars in Europe ?
Nobody says that the war had taken place in the New World.

I haven't heard of any.

But it seems unlikely to me that there has been a European war in the first few turns of the game every game I started so far.:dunno:

I haven't heard of any.

But it seems unlikely to me that there has been a European war in the first few turns of the game every game I started so far.:dunno:

In that age there have been wars in Europe all the time. :)
Use your imagination a bit.

You are simply interpreting this event in another way than I did.

As I said:
This is no bug.
This is at most a matter of balancing / personal taste.

Edit:
I now did a small change in the balancing of the Event though, so it appears much later in game.
(Chances of Wars in the New World already having had happened are much higher then of course.)

Edit 2:

I think I had commented out that piece of Python code checking for Peace, since I wasn't sure if it was working properly.
I could not remember to ever had seen that event in my games.

In RaR we had had a lot of strange effects for a while considering Peace / War with
  1. "Alliances being activated",
  2. "Staying at War with Nations being eliminated",
  3. "Always at War with Wild Animals",
  4. "Always at Peace with Church",
  5. ...
I do hope though, that now all of these strange (side) have been solved.
So maybe the Python Code of that event checking for Peace would now even work properly.
I would need to be verified in tests though that would need to be setup in long games.

But now that Bello has it as well (as he says, in clean 2.1) I think it's something of the main mod.

No, he says that he saw it with his modified "East-West" starting positions.
He is playing his modmod.

I've started a game in clean R&R2.1 to try to reproduce the bug, but with no luck so far.

As I said, I could not provoke the bug with the main mod either.

Well, then let's wait and see if we get the this bug reported with clean Release 2.1 (or at least current SVN revision of the main mod).
(And hopefully there will be a savegame to provoke and analyze the bug as well. A savegame directly before this happened would be useful.)

I think, the following constitutes a (minor) bug.

In CvPlot::doFort():
Code:
			//we do not fire on Water here
			if (pAdjacentPlot != NULL && !pAdjacentPlot->[B][COLOR="Red"]isWater()[/COLOR][/B])
CvPlot::isWater() checks for ocean tiles. But an ocean tile should never occur next to a land tile, no?

I assume you wanted to avoid having the fort firing on naval units?

Code:
PLOT_PEAK,
PLOT_HILLS,
PLOT_LAND,
PLOT_OCEAN,
That is the types available and isWater checks for PLOT_OCEAN. My guess is that the correct name would be PLOT_WATER because while ocean is water, but not all water is ocean. Looks like vanilla use ocean for two different things. I haven't checked in detail, but I think it is ok. You are right to be on alert though as the naming appears to be rather poor and confusing.

WinMerge just told me about a wrong coding in Civ4GameTextInfos_Original.xml in line 9923.
Some special letters of the French text seem to have been written in plain text and not using the html (?) coding.

As vetiarvind pointed out, this bug probably is not because of my own personal changes. I have been encountering it longer than I can remember:

Sometimes, when founding a colony near a native village, you anger the natives by inadvertently stealing their land, although the plots in question are not shown as their land before you found the colony.

Here you can see an expert Farmer about to found a colony. I float my cursor above the lower left, upper left and upper right plots, and you can see no one claims those plots:

Spoiler :

However, after I have founded my colony, the Incas suddenly claim those three plots, and get angry. I never got an opportunity to buy their land:

Spoiler :

Does any of you know what might cause this? I know you can anger natives by building on land that previously belonged to them, for example next to ruined villages of them. But that is not the case here.:dunno:

An event is showing the following msg: "Some women have recently arrived in %s2_city and want to work as bar ladies in the saloon. Once the women of Montreal heard about that they started rioting."

The weird thing is that the TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_PROSTITUTES in CIV4GameText_Colonization_Events.xml has %s2_city for both, but the first one does not get replaced.

I think there's an error in the display of the local demands caused by the domestic markets.
Reason are the two new yields (coca leaves and blades).

Correcting this error is simple (after having made a copy!):
Open Colonization/mods/"your RaR installation"/Assets/XML/GlobalDefinesAlt.xml
Change this tag to "35" (as here it has been done already):
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>DOMESTIC_MARKET_SCREEN_START_YIELD_ID</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>[B][COLOR="Red"]35[/COLOR][/B]</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

Don't know if this has been reported.
When you're in Africa you can't shift drag to buy less than the full 100.

Thanks.

I have another issue:

When starting the advisor screen there is missing a text:

However, when I try to locate this textfile with an ordinary search in the XML-Files, I cannot locate/find it. Any ideas where this has been programmed?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0041.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0041.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 233
I added that button and I it had a proper string at some point. In fact I can remember the Ray copy pasted that file from RaRE, I noticed that the name had changed to German even when the game was set to English so it had the string at that point. I wonder how it lost the text :think:

Anything shown in Domestic Advisor is controlled by CvDomesticAdvisor.py. That file used to be near impossible to add new stuff to and to fix that I more or less rewrote at least half the file before making additions (such as total production). If anybody has a question for that file, I would be the person to ask ;)

Thanks.

I have another issue:

When starting the advisor screen there is missing a text:

However, when I try to locate this textfile with an ordinary search in the XML-Files, I cannot locate/find it. Any ideas where this has been programmed?

I also had noticed this yesterday. I have committed the fix into SVN in the CIV4GameText_RaR_Game_Concepts.xml file under Text folder. (would appreciate if some1 could double check the translations since i have no real knowledge of any of the non-english languages)

I also had noticed this yesterday. I have committed the fix into SVN in the CIV4GameText_RaR_Game_Concepts.xml file under Text folder. (would appreciate if some1 could double check the translations since i have no real knowledge of any of the non-english languages)

I don't get it. There are now two entries for total production in CIV4GameText_RaR_Game_Concepts.xml. I think at least one of them should be reverted to "TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_PRODUCTION," as the corresponding pedia entry in Game Concepts will not have a title now.

Also, why does this button refer to a XML entry named "TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_TOTAL_PRODUCTION," when it has nothing to do with Game Concepts? Why not simply "TXT_KEY_TOTAL_PRODUCTION"?:confused:

Maybe an overlapping. I have made some changes yesterday. I will re-check it at the weekend.

However, the name of the entry should be irrelevant.

There is something odd about CvDomesticAdvisor.py and strings. I intentionally wrote it to be one file, which would work with both RaR and M:C to make it easier to update both (just copy the file). However the string handling is now quite different in those two versions :confused:

Checking the log I can't figure out why they ended up being different. However I can tell that the difference was already present more than a year ago and is unrelated to the current issue. Also both versions should work just fine. The main difference is that M:C would be a bit more modder friendly if you want to add even more buttons.

I have no idea why it isn't called TXT_KEY_TOTAL_PRODUCTION, but I propose changing the name. It's only needs to be updated in one line in python and then the text XML file. It's not like that should be difficult or time consuming enough to prevent us from doing something like that.

Speaking of Domestic Advisor, I updated it in M:C to make to make better usage of screen resolution. It now has a fixed column width rather than a fixed number of columns. This mean if your resolution is high enough, all yields can be displayed on two screens instead of 3 while low resolution monitors will still work fine with the 3 screens. Also the distance between buttons will decrease if the resolution is too small to fit them all with standard spacing. This change never made it into RaR, but it wouldn't be hard to do.

Top Bottom