[Religion and Revolution]: European and Native City Styles

Schmiddie

Emperor
Hi Folks,

For purposes of clearness I start a new thread for discussions about the "City Styles" of European and Native Cities.

We have implemented a lot of new nations, one European (Denmark) and a lot of native nations/tribes.

I think this is a good reason - and in general a nice feature for our mod - to expand the available city styles.

I made a little research and found a few nice graphics which would fit.

I have already tested two nice graphics for Denmark:

Denmark, City Style Early (approx. the first 100 turns):

Denmark, City Style Late:

Feel free to discuss and to make own suggestions.

I will show a new style for the natives on short notice.

Regarding to our new native nations I would like to implement 2 new city styles, if the team agrees with that.

Here is the first style. To my opinion and in line with colonialfans map of the nations, I think this - the "Central South America City Style" - is the right style for Guarani, Muisca and Machiparo:

- I have implemented it for test purposes, we can remove it if the team doesn't like it -

This one could fit for the Caribbean Nations Carib and Arawak:

The style is based on the vanilla style (which is currently not in use if the mod is active). I have only replaced the stone buildings by straw huts and replaced the concrete/cement shorings.

This is my suggestion for the Inuit.

I know, when we think about Inuit, we expect to see igloos, but I made the experience that the Inuit also settle in areas without any snow. It would be curious to see igloos without snow...:aargh::dunno:

Maybe this can be a compromise? I like these huts and tents...

Maybe this can be a compromise? I like these huts and tents...

Would it be possible to leave out these grey stone buildings ?
Otherwise I think it is great. :)

Yes it is possible! It cost me 1 hour to bring the stone in... :lol::lol:

I have included this stone because it was in your prepared .dds file.

Maybe we can program the stone like the "chickee" and bring the stone into the game this way? I like the stone and it is the logo...

Yes it is possible! It cost me 1 hour to bring the stone in... :lol::lol:

I have included this stone because it was in your prepared .dds file.

Maybe we can program the stone like the "chickee" and bring the stone into the game this way? I like the stone and it is the logo...

Or maybe simply have much less of these stones. :)

Hm, I think it would be possible to change the xml files for less stones. But it is a lot of work.

Therefore I have removed the stone.

I like those too, good job again. :goodjob:

If you'd like to include one of the grey stone buildings, as you suggested it shouldn't be too much trouble to have a unique Building for that civ (ie, they could get BUILDING STONE_ALTAR instead of BUILDING_AZTEC_SACRIFICIAL_ALTAR).

I like those too, good job again. :goodjob:

If you'd like to include one of the grey stone buildings, as you suggested it shouldn't be too much trouble to have a unique Building for that civ (ie, they could get BUILDING STONE_ALTAR instead of BUILDING_AZTEC_SACRIFICIAL_ALTAR).

Great!

@ all

And thanks for your kind words. But a lot of work already has been done by other modders. :) I only made more or less little improvements, put the different graphics and buildings together and formed new cities.

So that my thanks goes to all modders who worked on the city styles before. :goodjob:

I also love all these city styles :goodjob:
Fantstic work!!

Top Bottom