[Religion and Revolution]: Feedback and Questions

There is something that would be very handy. Once you have 5 or more caravan routes running and you found a new city that needs to be added to the routes, it can be hard to find the caravan on your map. With natives running around, units defending towns, maybe you have 20+ towns, 2 pioneers out working the fields in each town, etc. your caravan might be hidden under a unit of various other things and hard to find.
Is there a function that can locate your caravans that are on auto routes or maybe a way to call all caravans to a city without cancelling their routes? Whenever their routes get cancelled it can take another 10 to 20 minutes getting them all back on the correct routes especially if you forget how you had them set up.

There is something that would be very handy. Once you have 5 or more caravan routes running and you found a new city that needs to be added to the routes, it can be hard to find the caravan on your map. With natives running around, units defending towns, maybe you have 20+ towns, 2 pioneers out working the fields in each town, etc. your caravan might be hidden under a unit of various other things and hard to find.
Is there a function that can locate your caravans that are on auto routes or maybe a way to call all caravans to a city without cancelling their routes? Whenever their routes get cancelled it can take another 10 to 20 minutes getting them all back on the correct routes especially if you forget how you had them set up.
I am naming my cities by numbers and allocate these number to the respective transport units. Thus, I can easily find them in the unit manager (F5) and always know to which target they once have been designated.

Ray, I just took a look at the traits and the leaders for Sweden.

Just looking at them tells me that their combinations are slightly on the powerful side... I think some more thought should be put into balancing them. Or atleast, more powerful than could be intended.

Love, love. love!!!
This is the first mod to drag me away from C2C and you guys have a fan for life!

One question: What speed is this best balanced for?

Love, love. love!!!
This is the first mod to drag me away from C2C and you guys have a fan for life!

Thanks for the nice feedback.

One question: What speed is this best balanced for ?

The mod should be balanced for all gamespeeds equally.
(I usually play normal gamespeed though.)

I have my doubts concerning the (first? - don't know if there are others, too) frigate event, when the Royal Navy wants to requisition that vessel.

Typically, you will have the chance to buy a frigate at around turn 75 which is the same turn as typically the first privateers show up. So, giving the frigate to the Royal Navy is not really an option. But your relationship with the king will suffer from your denial.

This doesn't make any sense. You should be allowed to protect your trading routes and not be "punished" for doing something most meaningful.
To gain the frigate, you already had to save quite some gold, running the risk of the king asking for it in the meantime.

This doesn't make any sense.

Not all events in Religion and Revolution are supposed to be positive.
In some, you will have to make tough choices.

So having some events, which the player will not like is intentional.
The mod is simply not supposed to be "nice and fluffy".

Something which really is missing is an overview over the demands (colony-wide). It is very hard to distribute the goods properly when you've got more than say 5 cities.

Something which really is missing is an overview over the demands (colony-wide). It is very hard to distribute the goods properly when you've got more than say 5 cities.

Would be nice. :thumbsup:
Maybe Robert might be interested to add a SubScreen "Domestic Markets" in the Domestic Advisor. :dunno:
(All the information is available from DLL.)

I have my doubts concerning the (first? - don't know if there are others, too) frigate event, when the Royal Navy wants to requisition that vessel.

Typically, you will have the chance to buy a frigate at around turn 75 which is the same turn as typically the first privateers show up. So, giving the frigate to the Royal Navy is not really an option. But your relationship with the king will suffer from your denial.

This doesn't make any sense. You should be allowed to protect your trading routes and not be "punished" for doing something most meaningful.
To gain the frigate, you already had to save quite some gold, running the risk of the king asking for it in the meantime.

when that frigade does return however it would be nice if it had some XP... or were the crew a bunch of slackers while fighting the Barbary Corsairs? :p

personally I think it would be better that goods for the domestic markets are distributed automatically to any city where a market is present, it cuts down on the micromanagement. Of which there can indeed be too much

personally I think it would be better that goods for the domestic markets are distributed automatically to any city where a market is present, it cuts down on the micromanagement. Of which there can indeed be too much

Thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:
But it is an absolute nogo for me.
I like the micromanagement. :)

I like the micromanagement too and I don't think, that there should be "automatic market transfers" from city to city.

@Crazy_Ivan80
If you want less micromanagement for domestic market goods, you may already use the trade route system and automating a lot of transfers.
:crazyeye:

Another question:

Will Forts and Monasteries this time be included in the next release?
Would love to have these features in RaR... :mischief:

Will Forts and Monasteries this time be included in the next release?

Not in Release 1.3. :(
But who knows what the future will bring ... :dunno:

I actually strongly agree with this and think such a system could be great to have - eventually an increasingly large amount of micromanagement can become quite tedious even with routes, and this is most often what makes me give up and quit playing a game. But I accept that others might not agree.

I like the micromanagement too and I don't think, that there should be "automatic market transfers" from city to city.

@Crazy_Ivan80
If you want less micromanagement for domestic market goods, you may already use the trade route system and automating a lot of transfers.
:crazyeye:

I prefer no micromanagement for the domestic markets :)
Oh well, it just means I won't supply them.

Sorry if this is the wrong place, just made an account for this and I'm not sure which thread I should post this in.

When I download the mod from the provided link it takes long enough to download that it should be a real file, but when it finishes and I open it with WinRar it is empty and says the archive is corrupted. I downloaded 7-zip to see if that would work instead but it didn't. Anything I'm doing wrong/any advice?

Top Bottom