[Religion and Revolution]: Feedback and Questions

Butcher produces exactly the same amount of Food as Hides.

Does this apply to higher level butcheries too, the ones with 50% production bonus? Just that I remember from an earlier release, that you only got the extra hides back then. After that, I haven't built them. :)

Does this apply to higher level butcheries too, the ones with 50% production bonus?

If I remember the code correctly, it probably doesn't.

MYCP (Multiple Yields Consumed / Produced) is computed on the level of Profession (single worker).

But those bonusses from Buildings are actually applied on the level of city production, a step that is far later in the logic.
(Simply adding the configured percentage of the yield and not bothering about MYCP anymore.)

But butchery and its following buildings do give a small bonus on food as well.

It's funny how one notices new things even after several playthroughs....right now I discovered that pirate frigates can capture other pirate frigates.

This is an awesome mod! LOVE IT

It makes CivCol everything it should have been. Hope you keep developing it.
Id wish you would put the version and change log in the files. Sometimes in doubt which version I have running.

Id wish you would put the version and change log in the files. Sometimes in doubt which version I have running.

Just create a separate folder for each mod version after you download and rename them as well as your savegame's name to have the version number Also, this post should prob. go to the "feedback and questions" thread. :)

I have a question regarding how tax increases are affected by trade. I know that it depends on the volume of exports (and not price), but will importing goods lower this amount? The reasoning is: if I'm buying stuff from europe, the king's economy gets boosted and he shouldn't feel like taxing me whereas if I'm dumping my products in their markets, I'm lowering prices over there and depleting the value of the local currency so he should feel like taxing his colony to rake in a portion of the profits. Also, from a gameplay perspective, players would get an incentive to buy from europe instead of trying to produce everything locally and so I'm curious if such a mechanic already exists.

I have a question regarding how tax increases are affected by trade. I know that it depends on the volume of exports (and not price), but will importing goods lower this amount? The reasoning is: if I'm buying stuff from europe, the king's economy gets boosted and he shouldn't feel like taxing me whereas if I'm dumping my products in their markets, I'm lowering prices over there and depleting the value of the local currency so he should feel like taxing his colony to rake in a portion of the profits. Also, from a gameplay perspective, players would get an incentive to buy from europe instead of trying to produce everything locally and so I'm curious if such a mechanic already exists.
Yes:
+ volume you sell
- volume you buy

I know that it depends on the volume of exports (and not price), ...

Tax increases depend in RaR mainly depend on 2 factors:

1) Total Amount of Goods Traded
2) Attitude of your King

... but will importing goods lower this amount?

No, buying goods in Europe will not lower the internal counter for goods traded that influences taxes.
Only after tax increases or boycotts, the counter of goods traded total is reset.

Also, from a gameplay perspective, players would get an incentive to buy from europe instead of trying to produce everything locally and so I'm curious if such a mechanic already exists.

From a gameplay perspective I cannot see any good reason or real incentive to start buying bigger amounts of goods in Europe.
You want to make money and thus you will mainly sell goods to Europe.

Especially since you will have abundance in production of almost all goods in lategame.
Why should you buy them, if you produce enough yourself ?
You would only waste your money.

Of course people might buy some Cattle, Sheep, Horses, Weapons, Tools, Trading Goods or Luxury Goods, especially in the beginning of the game.
But the amount of goods bought in Europe is usually totally neglectable compared to the amounts of goods sold in Europe.

I don't think that Domestic Markets justifies a strategy of heavily importing goods from Europe.
(Only Luxury Goods might really be interesting from time to time.)

Even if buying goods from Europe would lower the internal counter (total goods traded) that would not really change.

BTW do you guys alter movements of units for different map sizes ?

I don't.

The current settings for movement (more or less the same as Vanilla) worked well for me on "Gigantic" as well.
It is perfectly fine for me, that moving and exploration of "Gigantic" maps takes time.

But well, everybody can adjust his private version to whatever he prefers. :)

Especially since you will have abundance in production of almost all goods in lategame. Why should you buy them, if you produce enough yourself ?You would only waste your money.
What else do you do with your money if not buy stuff? I almost always end up buying some commodity in mass - artillery, guns, tools, etc. to rapidly rush-buy units in the late game since it's buying goods via rush-building is slightly more expensive than buying at the docks.
No, buying goods in Europe will not lower the internal counter for goods traded that influences taxes.
It would be nice if the game rewarded me for keeping an even bilateral trade. (most countries in that era were very protectionist and wouldn't like to have an unbalanced trade unless they were the ones dumping their goods on others) Maybe some modmodder would produce a build with this. (it wouldn't be too hard to offset "amount of goods traded counter" for selling by an amount weighted less than that for buying so tax increases would happen when you buy and sell, just that buying would lower the rate of tax increases a little). And from dunpeal's response I think that many players(incl. me) naturally assume such a mechanic is in place :)

So you are saying this:

When you heavily buy strategic goods to build up your military to fight your king in WOI,
your king should reward that by increasing taxes at a slower rate so you can build up your military even faster ? :confused:

So you are saying this:
When you heavily buy strategic goods to build up your military to fight your king in WOI,
your king should reward that by increasing taxes at a slower rate so you can build up your military even faster ? :confused:
I thought off this issue after i posted too, but I think the slower rate of tax increases should apply atleast to non-strategic goods. And it is ok even for strategic goods, because there is already a negative relationship modifier based on one's military strength which would indirectly affect the frequency and quantity of tax increases, so the exponential situation you describe cannot happen.

... but I think the slower rate of tax increases should apply atleast to non-strategic goods.

Then it would be absolutely irrelevant, as I tried to explain here.
Player wouldn't notice anyways.

And it is ok even for strategic goods, because there is already a negative relationship modifier based on one's military strength which would indirectly affect the frequency and quantity of tax increases, so the exponential situation you describe cannot happen.

I did not say it is exponential but it would still make preparations for WOI a bit easier.
And that is an effect I would not really like.

Summary:
I would personally consider such a code change useless or in case of strategic goods even counter productive considering game balancing.
But every modder shall do whatever he likes. :thumbsup:

Hi

First of all I may introduce myself:
I am a great fan and player of your fantastic Mod. I am playing Col for years since release of vanilla in 2008. I tested several mods but mostly TAC and RaR
I am located in germany just like raystuttgart and Schmiddie. :salute:

Up to now I had not enough time to discuss things in this forum (only reader), but RaR gets better and better...
Because I am also a great fan of this historical period, let me propose improvments in the future.

There is only one question at the moment that I want to be answered:

In my current game I experienced a little bit with the world builder. :lol:
I gave the Kings faction every nation some units ( in detail one unit of every unit that´s possible)
The kings factions behave like players factions, they build, settle and so on....but I can´t declare war to them. It is also impossible to attack their military units, treasure units. I would like to have the opportunity to capture them. For example an experienced Farmer who I needed desperately :lol:

I am a great fan and player of your fantastic Mod.

We always like to get such feedback. :)

... let me propose improvments in the future.

Well, you could propose improvments of course.

But currently there is no further development of the RaR base mod, sorry.
(None of the team members are still actively working on this project.)

There are several modmodders out there though.
It will be interesting to see what they will come up with in the future.

The kings factions behave like players factions, they build, settle and so on....but I can´t declare war to them.

It is not possible to declare war to a king.
You can only declare war to your own king if you declare independence.

That is the way the game is programmed.
To change that you would need to program in C++.

Okay, I Understand......

But they settle and build. Is it possible that they can win the game by victory option domination? Do they breed or do they just have units I gave to them in the worldbuilder? :confused:

I it possible that they can win the game by victory option domination ? Do they breed or do they just have units I gave to them in the worldbuilder? :confused:

It is basically impossible that the king players can win.
(Unless you create such a situation in World Builder.)

Many features simpy do not work for king players.
(They can't even trade with Europe.)

There actions are very very limitted and thus they don't have any real chance as a colonial power.

You are trying to do something that the game and this mod have not been designed for.
King players are simply designed for winning in War of Independence and not for acting as a normal colonial power.

Top Bottom