Religion between team mates?

I don't play MP, but I've watched more than a hundred MP streams at this point and based on what I've seen, most games don't last long enough for it to matter. I guess ultimately it depends on the kind of game you've got running and who you're playing with. It feels like it has the potential to be significant, however, if given time to develop.

Well...what I'm thinking is (and this would only really apply for a relatively peaceful game that went long term) but...let's say you and I were on a team. We both founded a religion and we both took steps to spread our religions to each other and strategized which enhancements to give. We could create some SUPER powerful combos and ensure (with double the number of cities to spread it to ) that we had GREAT relations with the heads of both of the religions we founded, so we'd get to double up on the bonuses for temples/monasteries/shrines and get twice the discontent kick (but again, discontent isn't something that normally plays much of a role in MP games so it would have to be a game that was pretty peaceful and designed to be more social and less about "kill the other team as fast as possible." More of a chat sandbox type thing I guess. :)

Reactions: PiR
What might be cool would be - to set up a 5 player MP thing...two humans and three AI's, and then have it "humans against the world" so we'd cooperatively expand and beat the hell out of the AI's. That would create the kind of structure I think where the dual (complimentary) religions could really kick butt.

Reactions: PiR
I'm very curious to know how this experiment works - let me know what you think!

Top Bottom