1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Religion Expanded [including 7 fully-rendered buildings] 2017-10-22

Adds 41 new beliefs, enabling 16 religions per map.

1. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

It works fine with Russia. That mod did not include art support for Religion Expanded so the buildings won't show up. Any mod that has a unique holy site district or building will have to implement support.

2. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Chieftain

Cheers, I'll leave a note on his mod page.

3. Nahimi

Nahimi Chieftain

That's a shame :( I tried to find a mod that adds new beliefs, and no other mod adds as many as this one... I will try to find a way to make my own or something. Thx for the reply by the way.

4. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

What's wrong with getting it from Steam?

5. Nahimi

Nahimi Chieftain

I've been having many problems with the workshop. More specifically, with CIV VI mods. I'm trying to ask people to pass me the mod file but either they ignore me, they think i cracked the game, they do not know how to find the mod file OR they simply don't own the game. So when I found this forum it was a blessing. I now know why it was made, in case of something like this, it's like a backup. Sorry, point is: I hate the 7 religion limit, so I changed it to 16 but then I didn't have enough pantheons so I looked it up online and I found what seemed like the biggest, most popular CIV VI mod that-- well, that expands religion. over 40 beliefs? WOW. So then I went to the workshop, subscribed to it and as I said earlier, did not work; did not appear in the game. This happened with another mod "civ specific wonders" but my friend got it for me manually so that was fine. I was surprised that this mod was not in the forum, it's HUGE! and adds a lot to the game, but if it's easier to manage on steam that's fine. Sorry for that long story, I just felt like you needed an explanation :3

Ps: I'm still trying to find someone who will give me the mod manually, my search continues! Also, love you work.

6. gnom68

gnom68 Chieftain

Hi, I don`t want instaling Steam on a PC I´m working with sensible data. And I´m often in a country with out a stable internet. So I have to work and play offline. so please give the people who don´t wanna have Steam the possibility to get your mod

7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

@gnom68 Just curious, how do you update the game w/o Steam? Using or requesting mods for any cracked version of the game is not allowed on Civfanatics.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  8. Nova Wilson

Nova Wilson Chieftain

How come this mod not be in this site??? I get that its easy to manage on steam but this mod is key for the religion limit problem, and if you had the motivation and inspiration to handle such a big mod then people expect it to be on the official site. steam doesn't always work. Much less on Linux!!

Nahimi likes this.
  9. Jifanodd

Jifanodd Chieftain

I play Civ 6 on iPad and so dont’t have access to steam, I don’t even own the game on pc. I can however drop downloaded mods to iPad’s file system and use them, so would also be grateful of a possibility to get this essential mod either here or from google drive or similar service.

Nahimi likes this.
  10. Jarms48

Jarms48 Chieftain

I personally believe that these beliefs are too powerful and need some kind of adjustment:

- Poseidonium: +3 Faith, and +1 Faith and +2 Gold for Fishing Boats.
    I would make this either +1 Faith; or +2 Gold from Fishing Boats. Not both.

- Cult of Hermes: +1 Trade Route. Trade Routes yield an extra +2 Gold and +1 Faith. Other civilizations’ Trade Routes to you gives them +1 Faith.
    I would make this +1 Trade Route, and Trade Routes yield an extra +1 Faith; or +2 Gold. Again, not both.

Founder Beliefs:
    Divine Revelations
    : Tiles adjacent to Holy Sites yield an extra +2 Faith.
    Hecatomb
    : Tiles adjacent to Holy Sites yield an extra +2 Food.
    Eudaimonia
    : Tiles adjacent to Holy Sites yield an extra +2 Production.
    Scholae Monastica
    : Tiles adjacent to Holy Sites yield an extra +2 Science.
    Kufic Calligraphy
    : Tiles adjacent to Holy Sites yield an extra +2 Culture.
    Monastery Brewery
    : Tiles adjacent to Holy Sites yield an extra +4 Gold.

I would cut all these extra yields in half, they essentially make every Holy Site a bonus yielding Natural Wonder.

11. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

All of those beliefs have actually been changed a while ago. The description here is not up to date, but the description on the Steam page is.

To others: I will not be uploading this mod anywhere except Steam and I appreciate any users of it not uploading it independently without my permission.

12. gnom68

gnom68 Chieftain

So can you please give someone the permission to upload your mod? Where are many pleople who can not or don`t want to use steam.

13. Nova Wilson

Nova Wilson Chieftain

I agree with this!!! Please upload the mod somewhere public, I would be so grateful!!

14. havox79

havox79 Chieftain

Same question, why not let direct download on civfanatics ?? if you want play this mod on iPad for example ? at least there is MP...

15. Nahimi

Nahimi Chieftain

Cause they dont care. Apparently its too hard to upload a file in two places. #Lazy #Injustice #Freedom #Detroit