1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Religion help

Discussion in 'Civ 6 - Consoles' started by BOndTriumph, Nov 26, 2019.

1. BOndTriumph

BOndTriumph Chieftain

Hey guys, just started a game on the new console version, and for the life of me I cannot get missionaries (or any religious units) to work. I have constructed a holy site, used John the Baptist to found Protestantism, and built a temple... the missionaries, apostles, and warrior monks are available in my city screen, and I have more than enough faith to pay for them, but for some reason they won't add to que. I cannot figure out how to rush any units or buildings with gold either... I've looked through all the different control options and can't figure out what I'm missing. Thanks for any help you guys may have or maybe you're having the same issue?

2. BOndTriumph

BOndTriumph Chieftain

No add to que option...

Attached Files:

3. Linklite

Linklite Chieftain

I've not been able to mess around with this sonce the update, but...
    Previously you didn't build religious units using production, you had to purchase them using faith. On the Switch, that was using "R", in a similar manner to how you purchase units using gold using the "L" button (they're the top shoulder buttons, if you're on Xbox or PS hopefully the corresponding buttons will have the same functions).

Since you would always be instant buying the religious units, it wouod make no sense to have them queued.

Hopefully that resolves your problem. I can play around tomorrow to see if I can replicate your problem otherwise.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  4. BOndTriumph

BOndTriumph Chieftain

I will try it out again, I went through all of the buttons, but I am pretty sure I watched a video of them using LB as the purchase option, I may need to uninstall and reinstall because I am pretty sure the gold purchase button was the same. I'll let you know how it goes.

Linklite likes this.
  5. Linklite

Linklite Chieftain

Just had a thought. Towards the top of the menu, it has the option to check a box for queue, is that unchecked?

I've not bought with faith since the uodate, but with gold you can't buy a unit with gold if the queue box is checked (it is checked in your screenshot), you have to uncheck it before you can buy a unit. Stands to reason that this is the same for using faith to buy units too. Try unchecking the queue option then buying the unit, it should work. RB for faith, LB for gold.

Don't ask me why it works like that, I have no idea and it gets frustrating having to switch between the two modes!

Note: I made a mistake confusing the left and right shoulder buttons and have corrected my posts.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  6. fantsu

fantsu Prince

Yeah, it seems you are unable to buy units if you have the queue option checked. Unchecking it should do the trick.

7. BOndTriumph

BOndTriumph Chieftain

EUREKA!!! THANKS GUYS!! Add to queue unchecked and have no problem.

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2019
    Linklite likes this.
  8. Ieuan

Ieuan Chieftain

I
    I’d been having the exact same problem as this guy. I really hope that this is the answer I’ve been looking for thanks.