Religion icons

Kyuutai

Chieftain
I've had this problem for a while (currently playing an SVN version checked out about a month ago, but I've also had this problem in v35):

Religion icons are not displayed, both in the scoreboard and in diplomacy. They are only displayed on technology images. I have checked the scoreboard's setup string (which defines what is displayed in each line of the scoreboard, e.g. civilization's name, score, research, etc.), the religion is in there too, it just looks like the small icons don't get loaded at all.

Next follow my inept attempts at figuring out the problem. :D Please don't get mad at me if I say something utterly wrong.

I tried finding the problem in the SVN files... I don't see the religion icons in those files.
I look in the religion xmls, e.g.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Asatru\Asatru_CIV4ReligionInfo.xml
It has a line for "Button" (I'm not even sure this is the correct tag):
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Religions/Asatru.dds</Button>
But when I go to that location, Art/Interface/Buttons doesn't have Religions at all. And the SVN client displays only three recent changes to that directory (it is as if a lot of things got deleted from that directory... but together with SVN history!). Maybe they're obtained from a different archive file (?), I don't know. Maybe this could give some of you ideas.

Some time ago I saw a similar post about religion icons and the developers had said something like "strange, it's working for me" and the thread had died. I could offer a suggestion - if a lot of files got deleted straight from SVN but in an incorrect way (without adding SVN history for the delete), this could mean that those files remained on developers' hard drives when they continued working on the work version; but people who check out the current SVN, will not see those files at all (as well as those who simply download the mod release). If you are a developer and it's working for you, you can try checking out current SVN separately.

It has a line for "Button" (I'm not even sure this is the correct tag):
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Religions/Asatru.dds</Button>
But when I go to that location, Art/Interface/Buttons doesn't have Religions at all.

They are in FPK file (C2C1.FPK)

Ok after fast check in newest version of SVN - Icons are in scoreboard. Dunno if they apear on diplomacy screen.

Tried unpacking C2C1.FPK. I indeed have the Asatru.dds and other files inside of it. Also have religion_asatru.dds file in art\interface\buttons\units\sparth\categories.
Which file and what tag specifies what icon to use for the religion in the scoreboard and elsewhere?

Tried unpacking C2C1.FPK. I indeed have the Asatru.dds and other files inside of it. Also have religion_asatru.dds file in art\interface\buttons\units\sparth\categories.
Which file and what tag specifies what icon to use for the religion in the scoreboard and elsewhere?

Religion icons (as other icons) are specifed in GameFont.tga and GameFont_75.tga which you found in Assets/res/Fonts/ directory.

I am trying to understand how it is determined, which icon to take from GameFont.tga files for which religion. It looks like the religion icons are processed differently from e.g. bonus icons? The latter (by convention, in *ArtDefines_Bonus.xml files) have a <FontButtonIndex> tag, but for religions... http://forums.civfanatics.com/archive/index.php/t-391393.html
The glyphs in the two .tga font files are use in the same order they appear in the CIV4ReligionInfo.xml file (there is no other mapping, just the order).

or http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=459176.

The .tga files have the religion icons, but the Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4ReligionInfo.xml file appears to not have the new religions. Yet I wouldn't think that would break the icons altogether, I would expect the incorrect ones to be shown...

Is it possible to log the detailed process of what icon is taken and from where?

I think it's <iTGAIndex>97</iTGAIndex> that specifies the glyph for the religion in GameFont.

So, everything looks fine in the configuration?... Except it doesn't show religion icons for me.

Top Bottom