[Vanilla] Religion limit with 3 players?

cosprimalice

Chieftain
Hey, I played with friends (total players: 3) and he beat rest players with religion because other players cant get Great Prophet. I heard about limit - half of players, rounded up (2 religions?). What is goin on?

The limit is not decided by the amount of players but by mapsize. It's players meant to play on the map (8 for standart for example)/2 + 1. So even if you played on a Duell map with 3 players there should be a second prophet available. Did you build Holy Sites to generate prophetpoints? Or are you maybe playing with some AIs which already got the other prophets?

I played on Standard map Size, Pangaea and Standard Rules.
Im thinking about what when I just missclicked and Passed Great Prophet?

Yeah, When I saw he's aggressive using religion (not in my civ, "just" on map) I started building holy sites and upgrades for it. Additionally I started making projects for it. No bots, just city-states.

The 3rd player didnt unlock holysites in techtree.

"All individuals of this type have already been earned" on Great Prophet.

Can I check how many Great Prophet points per tour I have?

Last edited:
"All individuals of this type have already been earned" So there is no other propthet available this game. This is quite strange though if you play without AIs and on a standart map. Do you have a save file for me to look at?
Even if you passed on one prophet accidentally you would see him and the others progress towards him.
You can check your GPP and also your GPP per turn (and ofc all of the other players) in the GP screen as long as GPs of that specific type are available, there is also a second screen where you can see who took all the GPs that are gone.

Yeah I have save file for it.

Attachments

• FREDERICK BARBAROSSA 188 1810 AD.Civ6Save
    1 MB · Views: 39
I am not 100% sure (since Vanilla has no world ages so I can't check this 100%) but I guess the first prophet was taken after at least one player was in the insutrial era. The next prophet would have to be an industrial era prophet since GPs always appear out of the highest reached era (or maybe even above, once all of the GPs of the current era are taken). The problem here is that prophets are just present until the renaissance era. So since there is no prophet from the industrial era no new prophet will appear and you will have to finish this game with just one religon.

Moving into the Industrial Era is the most likely reason why a second GP could not be generated.

Top Bottom