Religion, music and chanting.

vanDietsland

Chieftain
He guys!! Here is something I miss from previous Civ games. They were the sounds, chanting, etc.. of every religion. I don't know why, its very simple I guess. It just emersed me more into the whole atmosphere of the game. Maybe something for future expansions? Also it just sounds beautifull. What are your opinions about this?

Or just bring your laptop and play Civilization6 in church/synagogue/mosque. :)

I'm okay either way. I did enjoy the Civ4 religious sounds though.

For immersion and religious goosebumps I pipe in Ted Nugent’s “Stranglehold” during major air assaults.

I really do miss the small atmospheric sound touches Civ IV had (and which V and VI both lack). The "ORDER! ORDER!" with the gavel sound in IV when a courthouse was made, the cheering crowds for We Love the President Day, etc. I don't know why those sounds were not used for V and VI.

Buildings make no noise when created, and the game lacks some extra flavor as a result. Same for districts. You'd think the attention to visual detail would have carried over to the attention to sound design, etc. But alas. They've cut a lot of the aesthetic when it comes to VI. Not just the leader screens (which are now gloomy darkened paintings with leaders clipping in and out between cinematics).

If the developers really do read the forums, perhaps they might consider adding some of those sounds back in. But I doubt they will. We don't even have building queues up. Lol.

I really do miss the small atmospheric sound touches Civ IV had (and which V and VI both lack). The "ORDER! ORDER!" with the gavel sound in IV when a courthouse was made, the cheering crowds for We Love the President Day, etc. I don't know why those sounds were not used for V and VI.

Buildings make no noise when created, and the game lacks some extra flavor as a result. Same for districts. You'd think the attention to visual detail would have carried over to the attention to sound design, etc. But alas. They've cut a lot of the aesthetic when it comes to VI. Not just the leader screens (which are now gloomy darkened paintings with leaders clipping in and out between cinematics).

I liked them too, though some could grate after a while. The city humm noise made when you clicked into the city screen in IV (which I think was carried into V...?) got on my nerves after a while. Problem is, I like most of the sound affects, so I couldn't turn it down just for that!

The Civ IV religion jingles take me right back! Highly distorted Hebrew chanting and all...

It'd be good to see these nice touches return. I would mention though, there is already a little touch like this - it's very subtle though. As you found a religion, a very faint version of BNW's theme Terra Nova plays.

Or just bring your laptop and play Civilization6 in church/synagogue/mosque. :)

I'm okay either way. I did enjoy the Civ4 religious sounds though.

Just don't take the laptop to the synagogue on Saturday. :)

There are some sounds when you place districts, especially a religious one but it will be nice to have it again when the building is completed or something.

I liked them too, though some could grate after a while. The city humm noise made when you clicked into the city screen in IV (which I think was carried into V...?) got on my nerves after a while. Problem is, I like most of the sound affects, so I couldn't turn it down just for that!

I noticed these annoyances a few times falling asleep while the game was running, and had the city screen open. I'm not sure which was more troublesome: the horse clomping noises in the mid-game, or the mid-city traffic jam sounds in the modern era. That being said, I really did like the music and general sound ambience in that game. The Gregorian chants sound resonates (was that Christianity..?) particularly well, and one of the Asian religions had a gong sound.

I noticed these annoyances a few times falling asleep while the game was running, and had the city screen open. I'm not sure which was more troublesome: the horse clomping noises in the mid-game, or the mid-city traffic jam sounds in the modern era. That being said, I really did like the music and general sound ambience in that game. The Gregorian chants sound resonates (was that Christianity..?) particularly well, and one of the Asian religions had a gong sound.

Lol, definitely the car horns annoyed me more than the horses!
I love the music as they have it in VI. I think there is enough variety with getting the soundtrack for each Civ you meet, and each one changing as they pass through different eras. But I wouldn't mind if they interspersed some music tied to different religions in the game among the existing soundtrack either :)

Speaking of sounds, anyone get a weird rumbling noise (like a noisy car engine idling) in AI cities? It doesn't seem to happen over my cities, but if my map is over their cities I get it (in later eras of course). It seems to be a bug, because the noise never goes away. And it's quite annoying. Who wants to hear an engine idling continuously?

Have to say, though, that that new Australian thnnnnggggg is a wee bit distracting.

Speaking of sounds, anyone get a weird rumbling noise (like a noisy car engine idling) in AI cities? It doesn't seem to happen over my cities, but if my map is over their cities I get it (in later eras of course). It seems to be a bug, because the noise never goes away. And it's quite annoying. Who wants to hear an engine idling continuously?
That might be the Seige tower or Battering Ram sound (I can't recall which at the moment. It seems to persist after you move the map far away from the unit as well, which is kind of annoying and has to be unintended.

Top Bottom