Religion - nation preferences to found religion at early stage

Marchwik

Chieftain
Hello,

I was playing many games at epic and marathon speed and any of the evil nations never found Octopus Overlords.
Khazads very quickly go to the Runes,Ljosalfars/Svartalfars to the Fellowship,Varn Gosam to the Order but Octopus Overlords never not found anyone from the evil nations also in the late stage of the game.I think that it must be fixed,because at Marathon ,Epic game early religions spread so quickly and evil nation without any early religion have a disaadvantage.
Even Hannah of Irin and Falamar never found Octopus Overlord.

Varn Gosam going so fast to the Order and when some of nation found Ashen Veil ages after Order,AV have a very few worshippers.Early religion dominate at maps and is very hard to change religion AI nation.

May someone explain me which nations have preferences to found Octopus Overlord and Ashen Veil?

What difficulty are you playing at? For me on Emperor/Immortal/Deity Lanun and Balseraph quite often found it.

AV is pretty common for Calabim, Sheaim and sometimes Hippus.

The same lvl as U Deon.Emperor,Immortal,Deity ,I prefer map huge ca. 20 civilization with tech brokering.

Belseraphs are nation that prefer adopt religion than discover,Lanuns also.In my games OO no one never find in first 250 turns.

Belseraphs are nation that prefer adopt religion than discover
It's a most common problem which should be addressed at some point. I think it's a leftover problem from Civ4 where religions are the same and AI tries to snatch any which is more suitable. In FFH and modmods there're new fields such as religion attitudes but I think that it should be even more strict for a flavor and civ-related tactics.

I think that a more serious problem is that computer civs are more willing to sit around without any religion at all just because either

1. Their flavor religion has been founded by someone else across the world or
2. There's (seemingly) no religion assigned to them.

For example, if there is no Lanun civilization, no one usually seems that interested in OO. No elves, no FoL, etc.

As a corollary, this allows the human to found all but 1 or 2 of the religions relatively easily and deny benefits to the rest of the world. In a OCC without much beelining you can easily have a five or six-headed hydra (beeline RoK or FoL - the rest are easy).

Top Bottom