Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 20 11.8%

• Total voters
I don't want to sidetrack this thread, but I did touch on it earlier. Is it ethical to fake a religion for the affections and love of a woman? Is it possible for me to fake such a thing? I know it seems unethical, but maybe this woman could lead me to a path of salvation. Maybe she could provide me spiritual enlightenment, and I may actually become truly religious. A slight fib now, for the greater good later in life maybe.

I can stomach atheist being on the list, even though it's contra-dictionary. What I don't get is the inclusion of agnostic, which has nothing to do with what one believes or has faith in.

Might as well have included libertarian.
I don't want to sidetrack this thread, but I did touch on it earlier. Is it ethical to fake a religion for the affections and love of a woman? Is it possible for me to fake such a thing? I know it seems unethical, but maybe this woman could lead me to a path of salvation. Maybe she could provide me spiritual enlightenment, and I may actually become truly religious. A slight fib now, for the greater good later in life maybe.
Better not to fake it, but accept and tolerate the differences in each other's faith.

Lazy cultural christian and atheist.

I worship myself.

Well thats what is everybody doing, openly or not.

But it works properly only when you figurate out who you truely are.

Some Americans seem more devoted to their political party than religion, so US Republic an and US Democrat could be valid choices as well!

A lot of people can't tell the difference between church and handegg. Maybe we could just list NFL teams.

Some Americans seem more devoted to their political party than religion, so US Republic an and US Democrat could be valid choices as well!

I can see this as being true. I think my parents are more terrified at the prospect of me being on the far left than me being an atheist. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around that one.

I can stomach atheist being on the list, even though it's contra-dictionary. What I don't get is the inclusion of agnostic, which has nothing to do with what one believes or has faith in.

That's just a poorly worded title, Just imagine the quesion is: What religion are you, and if you're not religious are oyu atheist or agnostic ?

I myself am baptised Serbian Orthodox, raised catholic, went through an atheist phase during my teens, and am now agnostic.
I still eat fish on Fridays, because why not ?

That's just a poorly worded title, Just imagine the quesion is: What religion are you, and if you're not religious are you atheist or agnostic ?
Still the same problem. Atheism and agnosticism are not only not mutually exclusive they are often supporting each other's position.

Agnosticism is a stance on knowledge, atheism on belief or faith. Since this thread is about belief or faith, agnosticism doesn't belong in the list.
went through an atheist phase during my teens, and am now agnostic.
I'd venture a guess and say you've been agnostic all the time you were an atheist.

I'd venture another guess and say you're now still an atheist.

Not the same.
I went from rebellious 'there is no god' to 'maybe there is a but'.
I also believe in some kind of afterlife, because I want to believe. More wishful thinking than anything.

Top Bottom