Religion Questions I'm having trouble finding online

greggbert

Warlord
1) I remember being able to see how many followers of each religion in every city including enemies. Now I see a way more vague thing where it shows the religions in the town but no numbers for number of followers or pressure. However if one is about to flip I'll see the number of turns. Did something change? Is there even a concept of "number of people following the religion" anymore?

2) Not knowing what to do I just spam missionaries and send them to the nearest city that seems to have the most pressure from my religion but doesn't currently follow it. That's literally my entire strategy, can you improve on it with any specifics on how to spread?

3) Can you point me to any resource that helps me figure out
a) what religious units to make
b) what to do with them and why

1. Click on the info box while in the religion lens, it'll show a more detailed version instead.
2. Use apostles or missionaries depending on their price. When you have Yerevan suzerainity, just use apostles and use the Proseletyzer or Debater promotion. Of course, don't use up Debater apostles, as you need them to easily deal with other religion's apostles.
3. This forum can help you out. :)

How do I BUY apostles w/FAITH; I Know that when I get the answer it'll be a REAL OMG event for me!!!
You need a Holy Site with a Shrine and a Temple. Then go to the city with the Temple, click on the "Faith Purchase" tab of the city production window, and choose to purchase the Apostle with faith (you need enough faith, of course).

You need a Holy Site with a Shrine and a Temple. Then go to the city with the Temple, click on the "Faith Purchase" tab of the city production window, and choose to purchase the Apostle with faith (you need enough faith, of course).

That's what I thought! Given all of the above, what could be stopping me?

Does the city you're trying to build them from have your religion as its majority religion? Religious units follow the majority religion of their city, and can't be purchased in a city without a majority religion.

Could be another religious unit stationed on the holy site. Pretty sure that would prevent you purchasing one, similar to the way you cannot purchase or build a builder unit if there is another already sitting in a city

Could be another religious unit stationed on the holy site. Pretty sure that would prevent you purchasing one, similar to the way you cannot purchase or build a builder unit if there is another already sitting in a city

There would have to be a religious unit both in the Holy Site itself and in the City Center. You can still buy one religious unit if the Holy Site is occupied by one but the City Center is not.

There would have to be a religious unit both in the Holy Site itself and in the City Center. You can still buy one religious unit if the Holy Site is occupied by one but the City Center is not.
Good to know. I pretty much just ignore religion these days

Top Bottom