Religion rules :p

davidis.ca

Chieftain
I was on a tectonics map and me and my fellow extremist Muslims diminished Jewish brennus after he decided that he wants to attack my holy city (now he is another faithful with 2 thrash ice cities and my vassal) the point of this thread is that in the entire game 2 AI attacked me and in the next round all 4 budist countries declared war and i didn't even had to ask them to do it lately im really loving my friendly AI they give me anything i want when i want..anyone else has a nice religious story to share with us?

I don't know, the other AI's are always warning me that religious wars can be so unpleasant.

it is so terrible when an AI who loves you, divorces you after they convert to something else.

:lol::p

The best religious game I have ever played was as the Dutch (Large Archipelago map, medium sea level, Noble, I think) I didn’t bother with Hinduism or Buddhism at the beginning and concentrated on other Civ expanding techs instead.
Got Confucianism with COL and carried on expanding, then got Christianity without expecting it and then Divine Right became available for researching. I don’t normally bother with DR but, looking at the Tech info, no one else seemed to be near it so I thought, ‘What the hey!’ and ploughed some research into it.
With a little divine intervention, Islam was founded in the city I had earmarked for my main commerce city ( I Threw Sid’s Sushi and Wall Street in later on (Ka-ching!))
Next I pump out some Great Prophets from my capital to get the shrines going and then, with the help of Organised Religion, I start to spread the holy word.
Then I fall out with The Turks and so have to remove them from my continent, taking the Holy Jewish city in the process.
Then the HRE start to take a dislike to me and I notice that their Holy Buddhist City is only a short Galleon ride away and so soon I have five Holy Cities in my collection, complete with appropriate shrines. Got the missionaries rolling and change to Free Religion and let the happiness and money flow!
Hoorah! and Ka-ching!

The funny thing is that I never intended it to be such a religion orientated game. I ended up winning a cultural victory, which was fairly easy with so many religious building to throw into my three Cultural hot spots. I think The Hague had 400% Culture bonus or something ridiculous.

Anyone ever managed to get the full set?

:assimilate::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg:

The best religious game I have ever played was as the Dutch (Large Archipelago map, medium sea level, Noble, I think) I didn’t bother with Hinduism or Buddhism at the beginning and concentrated on other Civ expanding techs instead.
Got Confucianism with COL and carried on expanding, then got Christianity without expecting it and then Divine Right became available for researching. I don’t normally bother with DR but, looking at the Tech info, no one else seemed to be near it so I thought, ‘What the hey!’ and ploughed some research into it.
With a little divine intervention, Islam was founded in the city I had earmarked for my main commerce city ( I Threw Sid’s Sushi and Wall Street in later on (Ka-ching!))
Next I pump out some Great Prophets from my capital to get the shrines going and then, with the help of Organised Religion, I start to spread the holy word.
Then I fall out with The Turks and so have to remove them from my continent, taking the Holy Jewish city in the process.
Then the HRE start to take a dislike to me and I notice that their Holy Buddhist City is only a short Galleon ride away and so soon I have five Holy Cities in my collection, complete with appropriate shrines. Got the missionaries rolling and change to Free Religion and let the happiness and money flow!
Hoorah! and Ka-ching!

The funny thing is that I never intended it to be such a religion orientated game. I ended up winning a cultural victory, which was fairly easy with so many religious building to throw into my three Cultural hot spots. I think The Hague had 400% Culture bonus or something ridiculous.

Anyone ever managed to get the full set?

:assimilate::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg:

I did once. I got a really good start - several grassland gems as Asoka, and I ended up founding both Buddhism and Hinduism in the same city. Then I went for Priesthood and Writing so I lost Judaism, but Oracle'd Theocracy and researched CoL. I got Taoism when I was getting Philosophy for Liberalism. Right after I got Liberalism and Astronomy I went for Divine Might and got it, so I ended up founding 6 religions! All that was left was to capture the Judaist Holy City, which while it took a bit, was soon mine!

I did once. I got a really good start - several grassland gems as Asoka, and I ended up founding both Buddhism and Hinduism in the same city. Then I went for Priesthood and Writing so I lost Judaism, but Oracle'd Theocracy and researched CoL. I got Taoism when I was getting Philosophy for Liberalism. Right after I got Liberalism and Astronomy I went for Divine Might and got it, so I ended up founding 6 religions! All that was left was to capture the Judaist Holy City, which while it took a bit, was soon mine!

Nice one! Buddhism and Hinduism; that's a tricky one.:worship:

there are heavy bonuses for sharing a religion and mild penalties for folowing a different one. This is what causes the extreme reactions you are seeing.

Unless it was the result of a vote in the AP to engage in a holy war.

there are heavy bonuses for sharing a religion and mild penalties for folowing a different one. This is what causes the extreme reactions you are seeing.

Unless it was the result of a vote in the AP to engage in a holy war.

It wasn't from the AP that was what made me glad for my faithful brothers and sisters they just came to help :):goodjob:

At a OCC game I converted the whole world to my religion and it turned into a love fest. Everyone's at least pleased with everyone else and the whole game progressed without any war whatsoever. Boring! However, my single city generated massive commercial with the help of the shrine, various corporations and a gigantic population.

Top Bottom