Religion Tips?

DanaLea

Prince
Supporter
im playing Egypt and I have a religion but there are two different civs that keep sending both missionaries and prophets to convert one of my outlining cities, and it's annoying. In fact the city converted from mine to one guy, to the other guys in the same turn. Any tips on keeping them from doing this? Buildings or techs, or anything?

An inquisitor in that city prevents the spread from enemy missionaries and prophets. Usually it's a good idea to buy one or two early on when they are cheap (cost increases with age) and move them around from city to city where they are needed.

Now I feel dumb. I bought a couple, sat then just outside the city and when the prophets and missionaries left or were used up, moved them in to remove the foreign religion. Having them inside the city is where they should have been?!?

Yep, that seems to deter the AI. Another trick is to surround the city with units (civilian or military). That way the missionaries/prophets can never get close enough to spread. I know that is very annoying, having to move the units around every turn, but if you can't waste the faith on inquisitors it is an option.

I think it's inside or in first ring ("next to city"), at least that's where I park 'em. And you don't have to burn them, they just gotta be there. Keep them on a road, so you can race them to another city if necessary.

Top Bottom