Religion

Which religion do you choose when your the first to discover a religion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bridog7

Little Monster
Which religion do you choose if your the first to discover religion. I choose any

Depends what difficulty level you're playing. On the real easy levels you can pretty much take buddhism right off the bat, plus all the others :lol:

On medium-easy levels you can snare hinduism while all the AI's are distracted by buddhism.

On the higher levels I think most people sacrifice founding a religion for bigger priorities.

Which religion do you choose if your the first to discover religion. I choose any

This is assuming we all play with the "choose religion" option?

I happen to, and it depends on the civ I'm playing as. Hinduism as the Indians, Islam as the Egyptians, etc. If what I want is taken, I just go random.

If we are talking about the Choose Religions feature, I tend to pick the religions that don't get as large of an international following in the normal game. So, I don't take Hinduism, Buddhism, or Judaism, but rather Christianity, Taoism, or Islam.

Since its all cosmetics, might as well pick some different ones to mix it up. When was the last time you saw half the world Muslim and the other half Taoist, instead of Hindu and Buddhist?

I always liked Judaism for my Greek theocracies, but recently I've been drawn to Confucianism and Taoism for the novelty factor.

I don't play choose religions, but I almost always found Confucianism through the Oracle, since Code of Laws is such an important tech anyways.

I always choose the one my most psychotic religious fanatic neighbor tells me to.:D

I choose based on the land around me. If I have copper, then Confucianism, Buddhism or Taoism. If I have stone, then Judaism or Christianity. If I have marble, then Islam or Hinduism.

(Though it's been a while since I've played, so that might be wrong)

Most of the time I take Judaism. Then Christianity if it's still there. If not, then I'll go for Islam.

I don't play choose religions, but I almost always found Confucianism through the Oracle, since Code of Laws is such an important tech anyways.

Although sometimes the oracle costs more than you get from early code of laws.

In terms of religion, I'll just pick one based on my mood. I usually run whatever is needed for diplo, but that doesn't stop me from using monasteries to boost research in the best science cities for every religion I have.

I never play with choose religion enabled, and the religions I end up founding really vary. Seldom Hinduism/Buddhism though.

If it's set to any religion when founding one, I prefer Taoism (its buildings, audio & symbol are the best aesthetic-wise IMO). But when limited by the techs, I almost always go for Budhism, since some of my prefered civs start with Mysticism, & because meditation's the cheapest one. I always try to get a religion for & by my civ in order to get all the bonuses the Holy City represents, as well as the extra of having Organized religion (= :hammers: rush for buildings).

With choose religions, and i'm playing to found and manage a religion. Confucianism first and Taoism second.

I'm atheist (or maybe agnostic :rolleyes:) so Confucianism morally sits with me the best.

This is ******ed, but I like the ying yang symbol the best so I like to spam it to lots of cities if I'm going for a cultural win with a shrined religion.

I mostly play with choose religions, it adds more difference game to game (instead of boring old 2 always the same...) and after a while you can guess who founded who, because of leaders preferred religion.

EDIT: @Dragonxander you posted while i typed, I'm glad we agree! lol

Judaism, because I find its symbol on the map to have the best contrast with the city making it easier for me to tell at a glance which cities to send a missionary to.

Judaism. Monotheism is usually a nice detour from an Oracle Slingshot for good effects, and I find I can work that easiest into my usual game plan.

Not too sure, but I think Judaism is also favoured by the game mechanics... spread is determined in the order they appear in the city menu, so if several religions are eligible to spread into a cit, Judaism gets this chance first.

If resources were hard to come by and I was playing with Choose Religions (I usually don't), I might pick one where I know I'll have discounted cathedrals.

Top Bottom