1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

religion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by matlajs, Jan 1, 2016.

1. matlajs

matlajs King

Guys pls can someone explain me how Ai and now i saw also in mp game how can somebody found religion and imediately next turn advance it? Next prophet is needed or there is some trick to do that? I dont count exceptions like Byzantic empire.

2. chuckh89

chuckh89 Prince

Usually the standard AI doesn't have the smarts to go back to back to "Found" then "Advance" on consecutive turns, but it is a strategy that is quite common especially at the lower difficulties for players to quickly advance their religion.

If there is a healthy supply of :c5faith: coming in, then a prophet can be attained early game in a reasonable amount of time. "Back to Back" situations happen when the Theology Technology has been acquired and a player "Founds" their religion then completes Hagia Sophia on the next turn (Obtaining a free GP),...

It not uncommon for a player to monitor their :c5faith: and adjust their production to time things,....If the AI advances quickly, then I would assume that they probably went Liberty and then they expended a Great Engineer to get Hagia Sophia. A similar situation can also happen by building Hagia Sophia, then using a Great Prophet acquired from closing out Liberty or Piety.

-

3. LordBalkoth

LordBalkoth Prince

Could be building Hagia Sophia (free Prophet), finishing Liberty (free great person), or finishing Piety (free Prophet). A few other possibilities exist but those are probably the most likely.

4. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

...or it captured one(very unlikely)

5. ShakaKhan

ShakaKhan King

piety finisher

6. matlajs

matlajs King

I thought great prop. is GP so he should be destroyes not captured. Anyway i absolutelly forgot bonus for completing Liberty tree so its possible.I play on King dif. so AI timing it every game in same way. 1turn found. next or in few later advance it.Hagia S. is uncountable coz of they finish that before Medieval era. Anyway.. they always steal my focused tenet.Cant get how they acomplish that.Even if they start with tech. to build shrine, so they can get earlier pantheon but if i focus faith i usually try get Stonehenge so in next turns i should get ahead with faith pt and found religion faster.If i dont count friendly religius cs and relics.

7. chuckh89

chuckh89 Prince

You should be able to get a Pantheon from Ruins,....and at King difficulty you should be able to acquire one fairly easily,...
    If your approaching Turn 20 (The threshold for the faith option) and if there is no immediate competition for the ruin, then just leave it, and hang out to turn 20 or send someone else in route to it if you have the means with your setup.

If things still don't work out, then use your faith buildings combined with a City States,...the odds are pretty good that there is a Barb Camp nearby (or something else easy) and you could always combine the quest with some gold if you get in a really desperate situation.

Definitely not,...Great Prophets are captured (Not Destroyed)

If you are craving a faith monger setup, one of the strategies I apply is to take a enemy's capital, use a inquisitor to remove his religion, THEN watch him closely....

He will ALWAYS makes a Great Prophet then immediately throws caution to the wind and trys to convert his original capital back to his religion (AND, until he gets to the capital WILL NOT spread any from his 4 turns)
    - Just make sure you time your peace with him accordingly, usually make peace right after stealing the prophet,...then don't DOW until another comes marching into your borders.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, don't be afraid to be a bully at the beginning if it is necessary,....on King difficulty a Spearman can divert the intent of AI scouts, and anything else that distracts the AI (DOW/stealing workers/pillaging/plunder trade routes) means he is not making Shrines, more scouts, or settling more cities (with Shrines).

You should also be able to get gold out of AI Civs early, get a resource from the beginning by founding your capital on Gold, Silver, etc. then go mining immediately,...then find a AI Civ w/ between 225-300 gold,...DOW then after 10 turns offer him the mining resource for his gold and peace (you can get a lump sum this way, once 10 turns go by, the get you resource back (DOW),...

That should allow you to buy a shrine as soon as you get Pottery,...OR
    Buy another scout (More Ruins and greater chance for Faith Ruin),...OR
    Use the gold in combination with CS quest to get a Religious CS ally,...

If this does not work,...and your situation persists then acquire some game saves, and let some guys on here look at what your doing wrong,....On King,....A pantheon should be easy to acquire before 80% of the other AIs, and only REALLY faith rich Civs (Ethiopia, The Celts, etc.) should beat you to religion.

-

8. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

You capture Great Prophets, all other great people you kill. Come to think of it it is possible to found a pantheon, found a religion and then enhance it on the same turn.

9. Sclb

Sclb Emperor

You can found a religion with a GPr without a pantheon. When you found the religion this way, you'll be asked to pick a pantheon. You can also enhance the same turn. You can get GPr by capturing, having enough faith, Hagia Sophia, piety finisher.