Religion

KBJ500

Chieftain
Guys

New to Civ 6 and struggling to stop religion spread in my cities. I don't have my own religion.
Thought I had it sorted by having units all around the cities but later on in the game 2 of my cities were converted. How does that work.
Do I have to go to war to kill religious units?

Cheers

Completely surrounding your cities with any units will prevent direct conversion from missionaries and apostles, but not from the religious pressure of other cities.

Playing at emperor level the enemy AI don't manage to convert any other civs, so nothing to worry about.

Completely surrounding your cities with any units will prevent direct conversion from missionaries and apostles, but not from the religious pressure of other cities.

Playing at emperor level the enemy AI don't manage to convert any other civs, so nothing to worry about.

OK, thanks for the info. Need to rethink my strategy re: religion.

@KBJ500
I have never worried about religion, mainly because I play continents standard size maps. The risk is greater on Pangea and also on smaller maps but the AI has never won an RV against me on standard continents and I never bother trying to stop them spreading.

@KBJ500
I have never worried about religion, mainly because I play continents standard size maps. The risk is greater on Pangea and also on smaller maps but the AI has never won an RV against me on standard continents and I never bother trying to stop them spreading.

Thanks for the reply. I have more or less come to the same conclusion, re: religion. Let them spread, who cares. I now de-select the religion victory.

Is that the flashing numbers I see over my cities. Do these numbers contribute to the overall score.

Thanks

I believe they mean that the religion itself confers Follower Beliefs to the city. So if you are not directly pushing your own religion, having a foreign religion can actually benefit you.

The numbers on the religion screen are just the number of followers of each religion, and the numbers that pop up represent the changing pressure as cities are converted by religious units. The precise amounts aren't that relevant, but a big swing in favour of one religion is what causes conversion.

Have just dismissed the religion spread in my cities as a part of the game for now. I always de-select the religion victory. Next thing for me will be to work out the quickest and safest way to wipe out all religious units from the map.

Top Bottom