Religion

Alan Vincent

Chieftain
Any idea what's contributing to the -45 from religion in this city and what I can do about it. Plus where can I see the details on religion.
image.jpg

Any idea what's contributing to the -45 from religion in this city and what I can do about it. Plus where can I see the details on religion.
Each non-state religion causes dissent, halved if you have it's shrine (holy city wonder), negated by the Pluralism tenet.

you get -25 for not having state religion present in the city (and +25 for having it!) and -10 for each non state religion. a total of -45. pluralism tenet might help with reducing non state religion dissent.
but a better way of dealing with dissent is building disciples and spreading your state religion to your cities. which reduces your dissent a direct 50. You might adopt theocracy to be build disciples if it's early game.

also imho "persecution" is a good religious tenet if you don't want other religions to spread your cities. I almost always adopt it when I found a religion (esp. for monotheistic religions).

and an advanced strategy I use with theocracy is that: I don't like the theocracy civic a lot, but it's a good civic for a short span when you want to build disciples and stabilize your empire. So I usually start a golden age for 8 turns, then swap to theocracy in the first turn, build disciples and spread religion to all of my cities for 6-7 turns, then swap back to the previous government civic.

Top Bottom