Religions and non-founder Civilizations

Frossa

Prince
I'm working on a historical scenario that among other things covers the Protestant Reformation. The plan is that at a certain point in the game, historically Protestant Civilizations like Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark and England will get a Reformer (a new Unit that works exactly like a Prophet, except it can't build Holy Sites). I've gotten everything to work well, the Reformer units belong to the Religion they are supposed to, but there is one problem; The AI doesn't use them. I tried giving them Inquisitors instead (again, the Inquisitors properly belong to the Religion they are supposed to, so there's not issue there), but not even then does the Reformation spread. It seems the AI is hard coded to NEVER, under any circumstances, spread Religions that they didn't found themselves. Is this the case? Do I have to abandon the plan I had in mind? You'd kind of think the Religion the AI has in its Capital would be considered the state Religion, so it would work towards spreading it.

Does your new unit have UNITAI_PROPHET?

Forget that, the AI will only spread the religion it founded

I even put it at UNITAI_MISSIONARY to ensure it would only spread Religions and not try to build Holy Sites or Found/Enhance Religions.

And that sucks... oh well, thanks :/

You can always control the AI's units from Lua. Identify the city to target, give the unit a MOVE_TO mission and when it arrives give it a SPREAD_RELIGION mission

That'd be lovely, except I can't do Lua. I do all my stuff in XML, which I probably should have realized by now limits my capacities :c

Top Bottom