Religions no longer seem equal and unbiased. (Also, a 'Next War' aside.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade.

Chieftain
(Note: I posted these in the "Bug Reports" as "3.13: 'Next War' epic: only current game civs listed in Civilopedia: no regenerate map". I'm just curious of the thoughts of others in this busy area.)

-Religions no longer seem equal and unbiased. I use the "choose religions" option. Some religions have an advantage in that they start with a missionary; or at least thats what the civilopedia states(the one I chose did not state this). But even with out using the "choose religions" option it still seems that religions are not equal and unbiased if some get a free missionary.

(Also, a 'Next War' aside.)
3.13: 'Next War' epic: only current game civs listed in Civilopedia: no regenerate map

-Beyond the Sword content
-'Next War' epic: 18 civilizations: huge map: conquest and diplomatic: middle planet conditions: choose religions: flipping after conquered: complete kills: permanent alliances
-game starts: in Civilopedia click "Civilizations": only the 18 civilizations(including mine) are listed
-*this can be a game exploit*

(next)
-game starts: click the "choices" icon directly left of the Civilopedia icon
-the "regenerate map optoion" is absent, even from turn one

(From my "Bug Reports" post, "3.13: 'Next War' epic: only current game civs listed in Civilopedia: no regenerate map)

Oct 07, 2007, 12:14 PM #2
Bhruic
King

Originally Posted by Wade.
-Religions no longer seem equal and unbiased. I use the "choose religions" option. Some religions have an advantage in that they start with a missionary; or at least thats what the civilopedia states(the one I chose did not state this). But even with out using the "choose religions" option it still seems that religions are not equal and unbiased if some get a free missionary.

"Religions" don't get a free missionary, Religious techs give one. So if you choose Taoism as your religion when you research Monotheism, you don't get a free missionary. But you would get a free missionary if you took Hinduism when researching Code of Laws.

Bh

Oct 07, 2007, 12:18 PM #3
Wade.
Chieftain

Posts: 34 Okay. So there is an advantage of choosing one over another. That's not equal and unbiased. Would I get a free missionary if I chose Christiananity at Monotheism, like it states?

(From my "Bug Reports" post, "3.13: 'Next War' epic: only current game civs listed in Civilopedia: no regenerate map )

What? No, you must not have understood. There is no advantage of taking a particular religion. It only matters what tech you researched. Yes, of course there is an advantage in taking Code of Laws over Monotheism, but that's not the issue. When you research Monotheism, it doesn't matter what religion you pick - you will not get a free missionary. When you research Code of Laws, it doesn't matter what religion you pick - you will get a free missionary.

That's just a game mechanic for the fact that the later religions don't tend to have as much time to spread "naturally".

Bh

Oct 07, 2007, 12:28 PM #5
Wade.
Chieftain

Am I the only one that thinks the descriptions are a little unclear if one hasn't experimented with it?

But that's good to know. Thank you.

Er... what actually is it you want to discuss? There doesn't seem much point in duplicating an existing thread and Bhuric has answered your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom