religions not launching

jadefriendly

Chieftain
hey y'all - just installed ROM-a new dawn, onto vanilla (steam) Civ IV (all DLC - WL / BTS etc)

game is playing fine except when I get to a tech that should found a religion, it's not happening. however, ai players are able to.

two games now i've played and noticed this not happen.

I had a much more customised, older (2013 maybe?) version of A New Dawn on my old PC, built onto my CD copy of Civ IV but my new laptop doesnt have a CD drive so i had to start it afresh on my new one - hence the vanilla install.

anyone heard of this issue before / is there a recommended mini-mod / patch etc. that might fix this?

I think in your case if religions are not actually founded only by your civ, the problem might be that your religion slot might have been taken by barbarians. It shouldn't, but if you've got tons of barbarians, sometimes they develop quickly enough to grab a religion (but they really can't found it, so that religion is simply lost).

45°38'N-13°47'E;14272638 said:
I think in your case if religions are not actually founded only by your civ, the problem might be that your religion slot might have been taken by barbarians. It shouldn't, but if you've got tons of barbarians, sometimes they develop quickly enough to grab a religion (but they really can't found it, so that religion is simply lost).

could be the case. I play with raging barbarians and in both games they've been in total overdrive.

is there a way to slow down barbarian research / development without lowering the actual number of barbarians?

could be the case. I play with raging barbarians and in both games they've been in total overdrive.

is there a way to slow down barbarian research / development without lowering the actual number of barbarians?
No, I don't think there's a way unless I'm forgetting something. I'll have to fix the code when I get back to modding.

I've been seeing this in my current game as well. Some religions just haven't been founded for some reason. I guess the barbarians are doing too well? Asatru was founded by a minor civ too.

Throttling barbarian research speeds by a huge margin (like -90%) as a quick fix should probably stop that from happening; I had it happen to me too in my latest gave with the Mayans.

(legit thought it had to do something with civics, as I was Divine Cult when it happened lmao)

Throttling barbarian research speeds by a huge margin (like -90%) as a quick fix should probably stop that from happening; I had it happen to me too in my latest gave with the Mayans.

(legit thought it had to do something with civics, as I was Divine Cult when it happened lmao)
It all depends on the quantity of barbarians, which in turn depends on a number of factors. Probably a more practical way to solve the problem is to place a cap to their research ability in the code.

Top Bottom