Religious civs

Civfan1981nyc

Chieftain
would it be possible to create a civilization that was solely focused on religious expansion? I’m playing on YNAEMP and I think the entire games dynamic would change if there were civs that were one city only and just focused on spreading religion. Example civs
Vatican City
Israel

Both would have their preferred religions. They would not be able to build settlers and all their civilizations bonuses, units, etc would be based on their quest to spread religion. Would also make the game fun if they could start holy wars and automatically drag AI civs in.

Is this possible?

Maybe give them a unique religious belief that changes the ownership of the city to the player if they convert it? I know there's already beliefs that auto-convert conquered or newly-settled cities; this would be the same thing except in reverse - you "conquer" cities that you convert.

Maybe give them a unique religious belief that changes the ownership of the city to the player if they convert it? I know there's already beliefs that auto-convert conquered or newly-settled cities; this would be the same thing except in reverse - you "conquer" cities that you convert.

Interesting. I Was thinking that it would just give them money/science/culture/faith the more they converted. So no need to have them ever take over another city. They can just convert it to their religion and their capital grows stronger

Top Bottom