1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Religious feature?/Bug

Discussion in 'Civ3 Conquests - Bug Reports' started by s_e_n_t_i_n_e_l, Nov 12, 2003.

1. s_e_n_t_i_n_e_l

s_e_n_t_i_n_e_l Chieftain

Hi :) I just bought C3C, and have noticed that the period of anarchy for religious civs is much longer than I am used to (my previous version was vanilla 1.29?f). it used to be that I would discover Democracy, accept the change to it immediately, and often get the chance to chose my new democratic government type even before finishing city production for that turn -- some cities would not lose even one turn of production. even if this was not the case, I would be able to chose a government type no later than the end of the city production phase of that turn.

Now, with C3C, when I change government types as a religious civ, I seem to spend at least one full turn in anarchy, and most or all cities lose two turns of production.

This occurs with both accepting a revolt immediately on researching a government tech, and waiting 'til the end-of-turn so your workers go faster.

If this is in fact a "feature" as part of the rebalancing of traits, I would have expected the documentation to mention it; otherwise I would expect that it would work the same now as it did in vanilla Civ.

Has anyone else noticed this, and does anyone know if this is a feature or a bug?

2. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

It is an intentional feature.

3. s_e_n_t_i_n_e_l

s_e_n_t_i_n_e_l Chieftain

Pity.

If this has changed in rebalancing the traits, what else has changed? Has someone started a compilation of these changes, since they do not seem to be documented?

4. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

Well, Industrious is slower.

5. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Yes, someone has weeks ago. It's stickied in the main C3C forum. ;)