[GS] religious units and heal

Ewsforos

Chieftain
about the healing religious units receive per turn.
i was sitting one a +1 faith output holy site with an injured apostle and i notice that it took ages to heal, compared to another apostle i placed on a +10 holy site on the same turn.

so healing/turn is proportional to the 'power' of the holy site

so i run a test:
Apostle X , 38/100 hp, sitting on a +7 h.site
Apostle Y , 20/100 hp, sitting on a +10 h.site
next turn:
Apostle X, 59/100 hp, healed by 21 points.
Apostle Y, 50/100 hp, healed by 30 points.
another turn:
Apostle X, 80/100 hp, healed again by 21points.
Apostle Y, 80/100 hp, healed again by 30 points.
so far the results show that the heal per turn is a flat 3 * (faith output).
if the unit is moved on the turn u start healing, heal = 0. same as the military units.

i don't know if that is common knowledge but i just figured it out, and wanted to share.

i was actually healing my apostle on a pillaged holy site with only the district working and +1 adj bonus... was healing for 3 per turn, and got myself wondering.. :D

about the healing religious units receive per turn.
i was sitting one a +1 faith output holy site with an injured apostle and i notice that it took ages to heal, compared to another apostle i placed on a +10 holy site on the same turn.

so healing/turn is proportional to the 'power' of the holy site

so i run a test:
Apostle X , 38/100 hp, sitting on a +7 h.site
Apostle Y , 20/100 hp, sitting on a +10 h.site
next turn:
Apostle X, 59/100 hp, healed by 21 points.
Apostle Y, 50/100 hp, healed by 30 points.
another turn:
Apostle X, 80/100 hp, healed again by 21points.
Apostle Y, 80/100 hp, healed again by 30 points.
so far the results show that the heal per turn is a flat 3 * (faith output).
if the unit is moved on the turn u start healing, heal = 0. same as the military units.

i don't know if that is common knowledge but i just figured it out, and wanted to share.

This is just another example of unnecessarily complex & obscure rules. Honestly, Firaxis, Keep It Simple, Stupid. That's an important design principle.

This is just another example of unnecessarily complex & obscure rules. Honestly, Firaxis, Keep It Simple, Stupid. That's an important design principle.
i kinda like it. i mean more faith makes stronger your religious wars, that make sense to me

I don't understand the medic promotion for apostles - it doesn't seem to do anything.

How are you trying to use it? Note that Medic helps heal adjacent military units, not religious units.

i kinda like it. i mean more faith makes stronger your religious wars, that make sense to me

I rather like it too, and good to know, I haven't played a religious game recently so hadn't really been noticing healing rates.

And it does make sense. Your beleaguered apostle comes back from the neighbouring civilization, full of doubts of their own faith, questioning whether the other side might have the right of it. It seems reasonable to me that one's faith (health) would be more quickly and strongly restored from visiting the bastion of your religion and having discourse with the leaders and paragons of your faith, than at a back-water shrine that barely pays lip-service to the entire religion.

And it is simple. The more faith you generate, the more you heal. It just wasn't transparent. It's not that different from military units healing outside the city/inside the borders/in the city, other than the numbers scale differently.

Top Bottom