1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Religious Units OP

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Woobyluv, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Woobyluv

Woobyluv Chieftain

So I had my religion taken from me in my holy city, how do I get it back? I can no longer use faith to buy missionaries or apostles. It's not the opponents religion, but my own pantheon that replaced my religion.

2. homan1983

homan1983 King

Your pantheon has NOT replaced your religion. You always have your panetheon bonuses regardless of who's religion you are under. The fact that it shows a pantheon means there is no majority religion.

About getting ur religion back, if there is none in any of your cities and you can't get it back by buying religous units. Your holy city always generates a large amount of religous pressure which can turn it back again, however if there are a lot of surrounding cities of other religions pressuring the holy one, then it's a lost cause.

3. Haggbart

Haggbart King

You wrote "Religious units OP", so out of curiosoty how did this happen?

4. Woobyluv

Woobyluv Chieftain

They kept coming and coming and coming. I didn't know at the time that you had to go to war with the nation shipping them over to attack them. I find the lack of any hint on the matter in the civilopedia to be inexcusable. Also, I was in the middle of a war with my other neighbors so I had to prioritize.

5. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Always have an inquisitor in your holy city. In the city center, not just the holy site. Although they are almost invincible in fully develloped holy sites and the AI apostels like to attack it there...

6. Sascha77

Sascha77 Prince

That.

The AI seems to love to Zerg-rush you with their Apostles/missionaries. At least the more zealous ones (like Saladin) do.

The good thing is is that they're not very bright when it comes to religious warfare (just like in non-religious wars ;) ). If you park an inquisitor or two on your border and an enemy apostle approaches, he will nearly always attack your inquisitor even though the odds are stacked heavily against him (if you are stationed within your borders).

I usually have at least one inquisitor near every city that is likely to get swarmed with enemy religious units, plus two or three more placed in strategic spots around my empire. That way I can intercept the odd missionary running around or quickly assemble a religious army if a group of unbelievers approaches one of my cities. Block their way, attack them within my borders or simply wait for them to stupidly attack me when they have no hope of winning.

S.

7. Kark

Kark Mad berserker

How do I get an inquisitor? It's not an option under "Purchase an item with Faith".

8. Sascha77

Sascha77 Prince

Before you can buy inquisitors, you need to buy an apostle. Use the apostle's ability "start inquisition" (it's one of the buttons near the "evangelize belief"- and "promote"-buttons). This will consume the apostle but enable the inquisitor-unit for purchase for the rest of the game.

On a side note:
    Religious warfare and how the AI react to it really needs to change. I have a town close (but not too close) to Harald's holy city. Ever since I founded that town he's been sending apostles and missionaries there, which I (naturally) attacked with my inquisitors. But the area-effect of his guys dying influences his religion in his holy city, so now he's getting cranky about me trying to convert him. Which of course is the exact opposite of what's causing this (he's trying to convert me and I'm simply trying to keep him from doing that).

S.

9. thedberg

thedberg Chieftain

That actually seems realistic. In the real world today, Russia is quite aggressive in retorics and in actions (Crimea for ex). So some countries here up in Northern Europe are arming up a bit. And then Russia complains about us!!

10. Sascha77

Sascha77 Prince

I hear you when it comes to the real world. Sadly, we'll probably never run out of idiots and hypocrites .. :( .

But in the game... I'm not so sure. More specifically: I doubt that this behavior is a sign of a clever AI - I'd rather suspect that it's the AI being stupid. Same deal with AI players needlessly founding cities right on my borders and then complaining about the inevitable effects that this has on those cities.

S.