1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Religious units/rockstar promotions

Discussion in 'Civ 6 - Consoles' started by Alan McG, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Alan McG

Alan McG Cannelloni

How can you see which promotions you've assigned to your religious units or rockstars? Expanding their action bar does not display the promotion icon like with military unit so, I keep forgetting which promotions I've given them.

(PS4 version, assuming the same on other consoles)

2. Alan McG

Alan McG Cannelloni

Nobody knows if this is possible? This is very hard to keep track of otherwise, particularly if you play over the course of multiple days.

3. WildeComputers

WildeComputers Warlord Supporter

If you are looking for the tree view like you get with military units, I am not sure there is one. You can use the View Button (XBOX) or the Capture Button (Switch) to scroll through the promotions. The same will work for great people when checking to see how many GP points per turn you or your opponent (AI) have.

I would assume the PS4 acts the same way (Share Button?). Unfortunately I do not own one to verify.

4. Alan McG

Alan McG Cannelloni

Doesn't seem to work on PS4 : ( The <Share> button just opens the console share menu; the <options> just opens the game's menu.

Military units just have the promotions button within their action bar, even if no promotion is available, so you can always click on it and see which ones the unit has. Unfortunately religious/rockstar units don't so, you need to remember which one you gave them. Quite an oversight from Aspyr..

5. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

With the unit selected press the touchpad to bring up the tooltips and then use the direction buttons on the left to highlight different elements of the unit interface. Eventually you will come onto the promotion icons and see in the tooltip what they are.

6. Alan McG

Alan McG Cannelloni

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here but, pressing the touchpad does not do anything for me (with the unit selected or otherwise) : /

7. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Weird. It works for me. You should see something like this:

Spoiler :

Select the unit, press the touchpad and then a few more presses to the right (for example) on the D-pad should do the trick. Pressing the touchpad brings up tooltips for anything that is selected.

8. Alan McG

Alan McG Cannelloni

I wonder if something is wrong with the controller.. I shall try later on a different machine, just to check,and post results here.