Religious Victory. can't convert a Civ with no religion.

E.man

Prince
Going for a RV and have 8/11 so focusing on the few left.

Found one outstanding is Japan. It has no religion. I place a missionary next to city and release charge. It says in text that I have the most followers but the graphic shows none in the drop down religion or in the city name bar.

What's this ?
...why and what to do?

Either I waste all my religious charges achieving nothing or I try to move all my army around the world to destroy it. Doesn't seem right either way.

Do they get a secret religion card or is it a bug ?
Seems to make the whole thing pointless if I'm supposed to convert them but they don't convert because they don't have one in the first place. ( RV says to convert the majority of *all* other civs).

Sometimes the UI doesnt show the new religion that takes place in the city, if it happens on the same turn.
You can fix this UI bug by clicking on the icon of the religion/pantheon that is present in the city name.

If you're talking about something else however, you should add a screenshot.

Yeah this sounds like a case of "just continue playing and check next turn, maybe throw another charge or two at the city", and if the issue still persists after then, it's time to look into it deeper.

Also keep in mind that large cities will require multiple charges to convert even if no religion was previously present.

I believe it's not good enough just to have the most followers in a city. I'm pretty sure you need to have more than half.

So in a city of 9 population, if your religion has 4 followers and another religion has 2 followers, it will still show no city religion on the city name bar. In this instance you would need to get up to 5 followers.

Sometimes the UI doesnt show the new religion that takes place in the city, if it happens on the same turn.
You can fix this UI bug by clicking on the icon of the religion/pantheon that is present in the city name.

If you're talking about something else however, you should add a screenshot.
Screenshot always a good idea but I dont know how.
Can you tell me how please ?

I only bring it up because @E.man mentioned that the text says he has "the most followers" which doesn't necessarily mean he has more than 50%.
Backtracked my Missionary and it looks like I got that wrong sorry. It says I have X number of followers which obviously hasn't reached more than 50%.
I think the blank pie chart confused me.

Backtracking the missionary and defending a converted city against Global Council attack has dropped me a converted Civ elsewhere while I'm racing the Kongo that's built a spaceport...

Yeah this sounds like a case of "just continue playing and check next turn, maybe throw another charge or two at the city", and if the issue still persists after then, it's time to look into it deeper.

Also keep in mind that large cities will require multiple charges to convert even if no religion was previously present.
Went back to smaller city, ran another chrge and another turn and graphic cae up as converted.

All sorted thanks everyone. It was just some graphics variation I hadn't seen before.

Top Bottom