Religious victory - Erevan makes it too easy

Laestic

Chieftain
Hello,

so I have my 3rd game running, in King, with Stonehenge + 4 or 5 Quarries and found Erevan. Erevan special bonus lets you pick your Apostles promotion, so I rushed Theology and 1 temple and then spammed mostly Proselytizers and 1 Debatter from time to time.

With only keeping them as lieges and spamming Apostles I have already 2 fully coverted civs and a 3rd on the way by Medieval Era, with 2 founded religions vanished already. I only target cities with Holy sites, because them only can spawn defensive religious units. Once converted, there is no way opponents can recover, and you can even pause to focus on build up defense as war will come eventually.

Jerusalem's bonus is good. Erevan's a killer. What do you think ?

I never had Erevan show up in any game. Are you able to choose between all promotions all the time, thus you could choose the same promotion twice in a row? I thought they allowed you to choose but you still had to cycle through the different promotions?
If you can just spam the same promotion, then yes, it's probably the strongest possible bonus for religious victory given some of the promotions really don't help you (chapelain, martyr and heathen conversion are all utterly useless for religious victory, thought they could help you for other victories)

Correction : that's Yerevan in English (not my native language). And IIRC yes, you can pick any promotion as long as u are Suzerain and I don't recall having to cycle them to get twice the same. Will check back at home later today, though.

Even more, it can help with the cultural victory. If you somehow missed the wonder which gives your apostles the "Martyr" ability, you can pick it using Erevan. Works great with "triple tourism from relics" belief.

Hello,

so I have my 3rd game running, in King, with Stonehenge + 4 or 5 Quarries and found Erevan. Erevan special bonus lets you pick your Apostles promotion, so I rushed Theology and 1 temple and then spammed mostly Proselytizers and 1 Debatter from time to time.

With only keeping them as lieges and spamming Apostles I have already 2 fully coverted civs and a 3rd on the way by Medieval Era, with 2 founded religions vanished already. I only target cities with Holy sites, because them only can spawn defensive religious units. Once converted, there is no way opponents can recover, and you can even pause to focus on build up defense as war will come eventually.

Jerusalem's bonus is good. Erevan's a killer. What do you think ?

Completely correct. A few apostles, a few missionaries and Yerevan and you are rocking. Yerevan is broken at the moment

The counter to religious victory is holy war, you kill the apostles with your military units, you can still move if you destroy one religious unit if you have moves left, so you can clear like 2 of them with a single horseman in the same turn, and you remove 150 of that religion from all nearby cities by killing the apostle.

But Yerevan is indeed by far the best city for religious victory.

Top Bottom