1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Religious victory?

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: The Sword of Islam' started by AnotherPacifist, Apr 27, 2011.

1. rrosen

rrosen Prince

Ah, thank you.

2. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

I think a specific-religion relic should be built in the city that have those specific-religion worshiper too.. or maybe in the city with temple of that specific-religion building.. but cause loss in piety if the builder don't have the same state religion..

3. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

No, it's fine as it is; if all relics were buildable, there would be no trading of relics at all.

4. rrosen

rrosen Prince

Were people interested in a succession game? I think we could either do one of the regular religous victories with some added constraints, do some far off, or do a conversion try.

Possible ideas for conversion victories:

1) Abbasid Caliphat as Catholic.
    2) Ghaznavids or Ghorids as Hindu.
    3) Kingdom of Jerusalem as Sunni.

Other ideas? Any takers?

5. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

Those might be interesting or then we could do a difficult URV with, for example, Samanids, Sindh or Timurids; with some restrictions of course. One could be that 2/3 UHVs must be filled. Another could be that we must achieve every URV condition per religion, naturally some aren't possible.

6. rrosen

rrosen Prince

Yep, that was want I meant with far off civs.

7. Science Rules

Science Rules Prince

I'd be interested in a Samanid URV attempt. All of our previous SGs have taken place around the Mediterranean, so I'd appreciate doing a Central Asian Civ.

8. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

I like this suggestion. Do we wait for the next patch before trying to commence though?

9. rrosen

rrosen Prince

Is there an ETA on the next patch? Samanids seems like an interesting choice. Should we try other constraints, or is the URV in itself difficult enough for them?

10. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

Don't know of an ETA on the next patch at this stage.

The Sunni URV is quite possibly the easiest per se, but the issue for the Samanids will be resisting the barbs and Mongols to stick around for long enough to generate all of the GPs that are needed to be settled in Mecca. In my opinion, it would make for an interesting challenge.

11. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Next version ETA is whenever Bakuel releases his Indian unit pack + 1-2 weeks, which should be early February at this point. I might also wait for Harun al-Rashid by the Capo.

12. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

I agree, there isn't many surplus food city places, so generating the GPs will be a pain. However, some small restrictions might still be interesting (the 2/3 UHVs for sure).

If the new patch doesn't affect the URV, I think that we can start whenever we want.

13. Power_of_Beer

Power_of_Beer Prince

If you need another player, I'd be glad to join the ceremony!

Merv is OK for a GP farm I think. And one can get 5 different GPs from techs already. Which leaves only Prophet and General.... actually I think Shahanshah & Commander of the Faithful should be included in the Victory Conditions :p

14. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

Yeah, certainly!

Merv is ok, but doesn't give you too much room to play with the citizens slots. I would consider us very lucky to get all the tech GPs. Samanid lands aren't great for teching either.

So who up for starting thread in the SG-forum? :D

15. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

Okey, I started it. Please register here

16. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

I explained this earlier - a player can only buy relics it needs and sell relics it doesn't need. I couldn't make it AI-only so you've got to live with it.

SoI shows this on the main screen instead - hover over the piety score in the top-left corner.

Unchoppable forests?

Was that short-lived or continued onwards? It normally happens on spawn/respawn, but lasts 10 or 20 turns.

17. 2phunkey4u

2phunkey4u West-Eastern Divan

I've never encountered those in this mod, but I've had the same issue, never felt like mentioning it though. There's a hill tile 1SW of the copper near Kars where I'd like to build a fort to funnel the Seljuks and Mongol barbs, but I never can. I always must go further out W to build that fort.

18. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Yeah, its not only forests. Lots of plots in Egypt and elsewhere -- flat plots with my culture...

19. Power_of_Beer

Power_of_Beer Prince

Can't build forts in semideserts.

20. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

Imo URV should be checked before UHV, currently the Abbasids can accomplish them on the same turn, which happened to me, but instead of the URV the game checked UHV..