[R&F] Religious war - various Qs

reaperrar

Chieftain
Just a few questions...

1. Is combat damage between religious units random?
I've had enemy apostles come into my territory and nearly one-shot my own apostles when at the same hp. Sometimes I need 4 apostles to take one down without loosing casualties.

2. If my religious unit occupies an enemy holy district, does that mean they can't produce religious units from that city?

1. Is combat damage between religious units random?
I've had enemy apostles come into my territory and nearly one-shot my own apostles when at the same hp. Sometimes I need 4 apostles to take one down without loosing casualties.

2. If my religious unit occupies an enemy holy district, does that mean they can't produce religious units from that city?

Most likely the AI chose the Debater promotion, they do like to use this promotion. It increases religious combat strength.

They can produce one unit which will appear in the city itself since a unit is stationed on the holy site.

Theological Combat can be pretty high. +20 from Debater promotion, +5 from Theocracy, +5 from Theocracy legacy cards, +5 from Religious Order policy card. It's +35 with only those 3, you are able to kill almost everything on sight (+10, +17, +27, +34 are around ×1.5, ×2, ×3 and ×4 more powerful).

2 units that have the same (Theological) Combat Strength will deal 30 damage +/- 20% (so 24 to 36 damage). For a garanted one-kit kill, you need to be at least ×4.166 more powerful (100 ÷ 24), so at least +36 Combat Strength (1.041^x = 100/24 → x = [ ln(100) - ln(24) ] ÷ ln(1.041) = 35.5 → 36).

The diplomatic visibility also works (+3 per level). Same thing for the formation bonus (support/flanking) or some CS bonus from civilization ability (+5 for Scythia against damaged units , +5 for coastal for Japan...). On defense, you also enjoy +5 Theological Combat on a city that follow your religion, and +15 if it's the holy city.

Thanks guys, that all makes sense. Especially with the explained combat formula's, cheers.

Top Bottom