Votes: 45 50.6%
  • Satanic Propaganda!!!

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Good, but don't agree with its ending message

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stubborn Guy said:
Uhh yes they did, The atheists during the Reign of Terror during the French Revolution killed in the name of atheism. The atheistic commies in Post revolutionary Russia killed in the name of atheism.

:shake: :please:
If you're not going to budge in spite of good arguments I suggest you simply stop posting the same exact stuff I already refuted.
Spoiler :
(see page 7)

Like someone already said:
Simply stating it ... does not make it so.
And also from an earlier post;
Ziggy Stardust said:
You make a compelling argument when you repeat: Is too! you know that?
:shake:we're not in elementary school anymore:shake:

:worship: Defiant47,

The atrocities of ateapotism! Nice one.

No, you're ignoring all the atrocities that ateapotism has committed. And I bet you're trying to ignore all that because you're an ateapoter yourself.
And I bet you are making wrongful accusations here. I'm not ignoring the attrocities that happened on the religious side. Does it make religion any less positive, no it does not. I have my share of criticism of the Crusades, Witch Hunts, Fred Phelps, etc that are found in Christianity which has been abused by people who thirst for power.

:shake: :please:
If you're not going to budge in spite of good arguments I suggest you simply stop posting the same exact stuff I already refuted.

I'm sorry to say, but you have not refuted anything. And no, I'm not posting the same thing over. It's not my fault that you fail to see the whole picture. Don't like the fact that atheists in both the Reign of Terror and post revolutionary Russia killed and persecuted Christians and the religious in the name of atheism. /shrug.

I'm sorry to say, but you have not refuted anything. And no, I'm not posting the same thing over. It's not my fault that you fail to see the whole picture. Don't like the fact that atheists in both the Reign of Terror and post revolutionary Russia killed and persecuted Christians and the religious in the name of atheism. /shrug.

Communists murder in the name of Communism, not atheism, and Communism is a form of religion.

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE:
Communists murder in the name of Communism, not atheism.
You seem to be unable to read this so I thought I'd help you out.

StubbornGeneral said:
Does it make religion any less positive, no it does not.

That's kind of the point Religulous addressed at the very end... :lol: :lol: :lol:

StubbornGeneral said:
you have not refuted anything. And no, I'm not posting the same thing over.

Yes, and yes you are.

I refused to watch it after his interview on Jon Stewart. He wouldn't even briefly entertain the idea that people can use religion in their personal lives to help themselves, the impression I got was you either agree with him or you're dumb.

You don't even need to post, we know what you're going to say.

"No, you're wrong. Communists killed because they're atheists, and atheism has a lot of bloodshed on its hands."

Really no need to post at all.

I refused to watch it after his interview on Jon Stewart. He wouldn't even briefly entertain the idea that people can use religion in their personal lives to help themselves, the impression I got was you either agree with him or you're dumb.

I'm sure religion has helped plenty of people. Problem is, from a utilitarian perspective, it has hurt a lot more people then helped.

I'm sure religion has helped plenty of people. Problem is, from a utilitarian perspective, it has hurt a lot more people then helped.
I dare you to quantify that.

Communists murder in the name of Communism, not atheism, and Communism is a form of religion.
They are also atheist as well. Therefore, they are murdering in the name of atheism. Also, you're wrong that communism is a religion. It's an economic policy (as well as a form of government to some). Nothing more, nothing less.

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE: Communists murder in the name of Communism, not atheism.
You seem to be unable to read this so I thought I'd help you out.
Wrong, they also murdered in the name of atheism as well. Go read Karl Marx's statement of what he sees religion as.

To add, you seem to be unable to understand that people do not agree with you.
cardgame said:
That's kind of the point Religulous addressed at the very end... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only points Religious makes is mockary on religion and blasphemize it.. The rest is garbage and should be burred under the see.

cardgame said:
Yes, and yes you are.

Sorry to disappont you, but I am not.

I'd also appreciate it that you don't call me "Stubborn Guy" or "Stubborn General". I never even insulted or name called you.

@Defiant47 - You do not govern how I post.

So if people kill in the name of People's Democracy, you guys really think that People's Democracy really has anything to do with it?

Because frankly it's an unprovable and rather useless statement that only reflects the preconceived notions of the person who stated it. Besides, how can you say that one number is more or less than another without even having a vague idea about what each number actually is?

Daring you to quantify it was merely an expedient method of expressing contempt for the statement.

So if people kill in the name of People's Democracy, you guys really think that People's Democracy really has anything to do with it?

Kinda what I am getting at. It isn't intrinsically the religion or the political grouping that is the reason for mass killings. It is human instinct that is the problem.

Kinda what I am getting at. It isn't intrinsically the religion or the political grouping that is the reason for mass killings. It is human instinct that is the problem.

So why blame religion?

Well, you know what Nietzsche thinks of Zarathustra, right?

I have no clue, and don't want to pretend I do by scrolling through Wikipedia so I can look smart and deep, lol.

I have no clue, and don't want to pretend I do by scrolling through Wikipedia so I can look smart and deep, lol.

Since I don't want to remain cryptic and hence don't want try to look "too cool for school" today either, I shall tell you. In short, he blames Zarathustra for the dreaded good-evil dichotomy that characterises the Abrahamic religions, which he thinks amounts to a big guilt-trip.

Your avatar is therefore ironic given your admitted hostility towards religion. It's unfortunate that it wasn't intended :p

Top Bottom