Reliquaries pantheon on Kongo, absurd (1400+) faith per turn

Hpuk

Warlord
If you manage to get someone to spread this belief to you when playing as Kongo, it increases your relic faith by far more than the triple it claims. A palace full of 5 relics results in 1452 faith per turn. Without the belief it is the expected 20 for 5 relics with 4 faith.

In the attached save file you can see the faith per turn change if you convert the capital with the apostle next to it. going to the next turn will also update top bar faith per turn display.

I have not tested if this is Kongo specific, but it's certainly the easiest to notice it with, since they have 5 relic slots right from the start.

patch version 1.0.0.26 (221715)
edit: reliquaries is actually a follower belief, not a pantheon. Don't know how/if I can edit the title of the thread as well.

20161024003407_1.jpg

Attachments

• MVEMBA A NZINGA 222 1555 AD.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Well it's not really an exploit since in this case it's rather out of the player's control:
If Kongo houses relics (either from villages or dead martyrs) in their palace with a religion that has the triple faith from relics beliefs (so you have to hope the AI picks that particular belief, and spreads it to your capitol), it seems the x3 bonus is applied twice or something. The amount of faith generated by only 5 relics in the palace is absurd: over 1400+ faith/turn on standard speed. Needless to say, you can just buy a whole army with faith and cover the whole map, or buy every great person in existence, or cover your whole empire with national parks.

Here's the save file, in case no one believes me...

Attachments

• quicksave.Civ6Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
I imagine this is a bug no? I was playing Kongo and had 5 relics in my palace and 2 in the Mont St Michel. obviously i had no holy site districts. I was lucky to get hit with a religion that had Reliquaries for triple faith and tourism for relics. But even with that I can't figure out how my capital was producing 1400 faith per turn. I would have 30 or 40 thousand faith at a time then just buy every GP I wanted.

So it was a bug right? I can post a screenshot if need be.

Side fun bug - Kongo taking over Russian cities gives holy sites to Kongo. Haven't tested it with the new patch, but the jist is that the code to convert unique districts to standard ones doesn't look to see if the converted district needs destroying for Kongo.

For some reason when I stocked Kongo's Palace full of Relics and converted the city to a Religion with Reliquaries the Civilization that can't win a Religious Victory suddenly becomes the most Faithful Civilization ever.

+1.5k Faith per turn from Relics alone.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing Bug Reports thread

Attachments

• KongoFaithBug.jpg
    KongoFaithBug.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 148
Well at least we know that the bug specifically applies to Kongo's Palace only. I had Mont St. Michel in the Capital City as well and the Faith Output for that remained ordinary.

Top Bottom