Reload Request by Civfr

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
I just got this. Here is the PM and my response:
Sommerswerd said:
Moineau said:
Hi,

i didnt find anything about reloads thing, then sorry if i am not fallowing the good way.

Team Civfr is asking if it's possible to reload the game (turn 0 ) cause our player got some mouse problems and mistaked the capital.

We would understand it's not possible.

Thank you and sorry again.

Moineau
I am fine with that 100%. I will ask my team what they think, but its fine if its up to me. I hope this doesen't become a big deal.

I hope all the teams are just easy about this and it doesent require voting or administrative decision, but we will see.:please:
Basicly French site flubbed their Capital. I don't want to win this game by sticking my opponent with a botched Capital settlement, plus its just good early game diplo to support this, and its just plain nice sportsmanship IMO...

Anyway... if you really oppose letting them have a reload, speak up.

OK by me. In future I think it would be better if game admin would be the first contact, though. On that thought, please forward the request to the public forum. Wouldn't be good for the game if we were to hold up this sort of request.

Sounds like a reasonable request to me.

Although I would let r_rolo deal with the request. Unfortunately, I could see some individuals bringing up problems with this request simply because Sommerswerd made it known and stated that his opinion is to approve the reload.

Hopefully CivFr's turnplayer fixes his mouse problem. That's a pretty big misclick right off the bat! :eek:

Reload is fine with me, I guess, it's very unlikely that this is a unhumble request...

Sure it is fine with me. Why would anyone want to punish someone for a misclick? Or how happy he would be is he denies a reload for such a thing?

edit: wrote this before reading what other team members have said. After doing so, I am proud to be part of team by such a good sportsmanship guys.

I am all for allowing a reload :)

Why hasn't there been an official request through the admin? :confused:

You have told them they'll need to make the request public, right? Because we can't have the host just reload with no externally apparent reason.

I am obviously fine with reloading at T0 since it would not make sense other way.

But for the future...misclicks/mismovements are part of game and especially when waging wars shouldn't lead to reloads.

Why hasn't there been an official request through the admin? :confused:

You have told them they'll need to make the request public, right? Because we can't have the host just reload with no externally apparent reason.

They sent the request to me, r_rolo1, Sommerswerd and Magno_uy (possibly because of the aptmod). I told them they had to send the message to r_rolo1, not noticing the multiple recipients at first, but he is informed and I expect he will make it public today calling for a vote. :)

I am obviously fine with reloading at T0 since it would not make sense other way.

But for the future...misclicks/mismovements are part of game and especially when waging wars shouldn't lead to reloads.

We had an incident with a misclick in the last MTDG too :mischief: A majority vote allowed for reload and there was put some restrictions on future reloads in that MTDG due to that. Maybe we should look them up ans make sure we suggest a rule addendum based on the same restrictions made back then?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I also think we should allow the reload.

The last MTDG's situation was a bit Byzantine with forum politics -- during the vote (but after the reload) a non-playing forum mod decreed we shouldn't allow votes or vetoes because they create arguments, meanwhile there was an alliance of more than half the teams making "rule-change-by-vote" an interesting question for the future, but there was a side-kerfuffle about whether the issue could even be discussed because it might reveal (flaming obvious) in-game information, and some ruffled feathers over the way the original reload request was phrased. It was all a bit strange, but we ended up with the right result -- the game lasts years, so condemning any team to suffer all game long from a misclick just would not be neighbourly.

I really think it depends on the clarity of it being a misclick. "Oops I didn't mean to attack that phalanx with my tank (and lose)" is a bit different from "Oops I didn't mean to stand my Great Scientist unguarded next to their tank that was in full view at the start of the turn".

I really think it depends on the clarity of it being a misclick. "Oops I didn't mean to attack that phalanx with my tank (and lose)" is a bit different from "Oops I didn't mean to stand my Great Scientist unguarded next to their tank that was in full view at the start of the turn".

I am for more strict politics regarding this. In SGOTM games anything you do you have to live with.

I remember SGOTM (was it 13?) where OSS gave city to an AI when player was checking trade options. They had to live with it and even then they won the SGOTM by 1 turn over PD's.

Being too strict on T0 would be silly since the game almost didn't start yet (but in SGOTM they would be bound by the decision anyway).

Don't want to form some predicate for future with this though.

It worries me a bit that we have not heard anything from r_rolo1 on this issue. Does anyone know how to contact him outside of the forums?

None of the other teams are aware of this issue, and I see there has been some complaining about how long the turn is taking in the public thread.

Also, should we establish a new "UN thread" instead of using the "Planning"-thread that was used for the planning of the game in the public area, sommer/2metra?

It's been almost 24 hours since Sommers posted that he had received this request from Civfr, and it appears that no admin response has been received yet. Since Moineau mentioned that they have an issue and have not heard back from r_rolo, I would like to suggest in the public thread that Civfr let the rest of the teams know what the issue is to see if we can resolve it without the admin. Do people think this will be ok? I'll wait a bit to get feedback from the team before I do anything.

It's been almost 24 hours since Sommers posted that he had received this request from Civfr, and it appears that no admin response has been received yet. Since Moineau mentioned that they have an issue and have not heard back from r_rolo, I would like to suggest in the public thread that Civfr let the rest of the teams know what the issue is to see if we can resolve it without the admin. Do people think this will be ok? I'll wait a bit to get feedback from the team before I do anything.

I saw r_rolo online earlier. I hope he has responded to Moineau by now.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom