1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading a save game breaks DLC Mods

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by TheRealHellBlazer, Mar 30, 2017.

1. TheRealHellBlazer

TheRealHellBlazer Chieftain

So, crazy issue with mods that make changes to DLC content.

I have mods that update parts of the DLC units and buildings. These are applied using SQL and are applied conditionally. Such as they will only apply if a user has the DLC on there system.

All works fine when you start a fresh game as according to the modding.log the DLC is loaded then the mods are loaded.

The problem is if you reload a game the mods are loaded first then DLC is loaded, meaning non of the DLC relevant updates are made.

I have added the DLC to the references part of the modinfo file, but what a surprise the game completely ignores this and STILL loads the mods first on loading a save game.

No doubt we will be waiting months for this to be fixed too.

notque likes this.
  2. TheRealHellBlazer

OK, so I managed to a 'workaround' using LoadOrder but it would be nice if they could actually make thing work as intened rather than me having to remember to add a damn load order to several of my modinfo files.

notque likes this.
  3. anansethespider

anansethespider Warlord

just for reference, what load order commands did you use that fixed it?

4. TheRealHellBlazer

I basically added a descending load order to all of the UpdateDatabase parts of my mods so they all loaded in the right order the highest one was 100 then descending by 10 for each next mod that I wanted to load before it.

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator