remember 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were referring to 813 when Charles the Great crowned Louis I emperor

Chileans have not forgotten this. A lot of people there still harbour ill feelings towards America for what was done. I was there 4 years ago for 3 weeks and it was something that came up a couple times.

American foreign policy has such a bad track record of alienating friend & foe alike.. I don't mean to hyperbole, but the U.S. is lucky that it's so powerful or it would really not have that many friends.

@OP So the US has done terrible things. Is this something you just found out or could not pass up a chance to troll a nation?

@OP So the US has done terrible things. Is this something you just found out or could not pass up a chance to troll a nation?
How is commemorating a tragic but little known event in Chilean history trolling a nation? Does America have a monopoly on suffering?

Is there any particular reason why Austria was ever given internet access?

Possible alternate titles for this thread:

-U.S. culpability in the Chilean coup of '73 and discussion thereof
-Americans are scumbags and deserved what they got

ok, maybe i shouldnt have mentioned the cia involvement, so you wouldnt have found a reason to believe this thread is all about you.

pinochet annihilated those commie goons. greatest day in chilean history.

Fascinating I did not know about this 9/11 although I did know they just ran amok in south america. USA imperialism has indeed caused much damage throughout the world, it is quite disappointing. not surprising so much of the world hates us.

The world hates us because they cannot understand us.

When Osama attacked us, he changed nothing. His people earned the attention of those infinitely their greater. That which the world knows as the "US imperialists" are its salvation through destruction.

Mentions of America in this thread: 10

Mentions of Chile in this thread: 5

Is it a sign of some sort that in a thread commemorating a period of suffering in Chile, that America gets discussed more than the actual nation its about? That you'd guys rather discuss the intricacies of American foreign policy during the Cold War era (and thus spent an entire thread pointing fingers) rather than solemnly remembering a tragedy?

I've found this trend in a lot of threads actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom