1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Removable Districts 1.1.1

Allows you to remove districts

1. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

2. Baradar67

Baradar67 Chieftain

qqqbbb - heya, I did an updated version of the original to add in the new rise and fall districts but this version of yours is far better. You should really get this up on Steam workshop as people have been asking to get other mod's districts removable. They are also asking for removable wonders and the multiple districts to be added which I am sure you could do.

One thing though, your version adds 2 removal jobs for the unique districts, one for the base and one for the unique (like water park/copacabana). If they use the base district instead of the unique, it is wasted. Hopefully the player knows to use the "remove unique". Worth adding to your descirption though.

As for your question about adding more buildings to a pillaged district, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Yes it might be doable but I would suggest the district should be in working order before you can build new stuff. Any disaster normally starts with clearing the streets and damaged buildings first.

edit: you can find mine here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1314288540&tscn=1521003250

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  3. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

Baradar67 likes this.
  4. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

Just upload my version. There is no point in having 2 workshop mods that do the same thing
    There is no simple way to do it.
    Fixed in update.

Baradar67 likes this.
  5. Sim77

Sim77 Chieftain

Hello , i have fitgirl's repack rise & fall , and i am trying to use this mod without luck , i can see in the additional content box the new mod (and iti is enable) but when i load my saved game i couldnt find any option in the construction menu to remove districts. Can someone help me ?

6. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

You cant use a mod that affects savegames with an old savegame. You have to start a new game.

7. Sim77

Sim77 Chieftain

But now i started a new game , i builded a holy site and still i see no option to remove it. Is any video on you tube for further help ? update : in a new map i saw the removal option but when i tried to play to my customized map i made before 1 month it isnt , why ?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  8. Baradar67

Baradar67 Chieftain

Customized maps also have a list of the mods that were active when the map was created. This is needed as if the mod was a civ and that civ was placed on the map, it would probably crash if you then started the map without that mod installed.

I haven't found a way to add mods to a customised map using firetuner. It can probably just be added to the database if using a worldbuilder map. I use DB Browser for SQLite to open Civ6Maps and make changes.

9. Sim77

Sim77 Chieftain

If i build a wonder that requiring a district and after i remove the district , what happens to wonder ? still exist and operational ?

10. Baradar67

Baradar67 Chieftain

Just realised I haven't actually replied to qqqbbb. In case you didn't look I have indeed uploaded your version to the workshop, thanks very much. Let me know if you plan on working on the wonders/multi-districts, not sure I will get there any time soon.

11. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

There is no way to remove a wonder with a project. It can be done by constructing another building but it's kinda ugly.
    You can remove neighbourhood in latest version.

12. Smedley D Butler

Smedley D Butler Chieftain

Will this still work fine without R&F? I haven't picked up the DLC yet.

I assume so, but wanted to double-check before investing a bunch of time into a new save.

13. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

Read the description