1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove science adjacency bonus for campuses

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by rubicon1789, Nov 23, 2017.

1. rubicon1789

rubicon1789 Chieftain

Does anyone know if there is a mod that removes the adjacency bonus for science? I play on Gedemon's TSL YNAMP and I find it annoying how only civ's with convenient spawns next to mountains can have high science in the early game.

Plus it seems unrealistic. How have mountains ever been connected with scientific development? By that standard, Tibet and Afghanistan would be centuries ahead of the rest of the world.

2. Galvatron

Galvatron Chieftain

Art of War mod changes adjacency bonuses across the board, one of the changes is to remove the bonus you're talking about.

Actually Afghanistan was centuries ahead of the rest of the world. And Tibet obv.s went for holy sites. ;P

rubicon1789 likes this.
  3. Eric Guimarães

Eric Guimarães Chieftain

observatories

4. rubicon1789

rubicon1789 Chieftain

How was Afghanistan centuries ahead of the rest of the world? In what era? And yeah, I agree with the Tibet thing, the Himalayas are also central to Hinduism as well. That's why I don't have a problem with mountain bonuses for holy sites.