GreatUsername

Chieftain
I want to play on Diety, but without the AI getting any of their starting bonuses (tech, civics, units).

I found the units in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data and commented out lines 44-46, so now the AI shouldn't get any extra starting units in the ancient era.

I can't find where the AI's bonus techs and civics are in any of the XML files. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Are you sure AI's get free technologies in civ6? Because I tried to find something in data that is responsible for difficulty bonuses, but I found only these:

...\Data\Leaders.xml
Code:
<Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="HIGH_DIFFICULTY_SCIENCE_SCALING"/>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="HIGH_DIFFICULTY_CULTURE_SCALING"/>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="HIGH_DIFFICULTY_PRODUCTION_SCALING"/>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="HIGH_DIFFICULTY_GOLD_SCALING"/>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="HIGH_DIFFICULTY_FAITH_SCALING"/>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="BARBARIAN_CAMP_GOLD_SCALING"/>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="HIGH_DIFFICULTY_COMBAT_SCALING"/>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="LOW_DIFFICULTY_COMBAT_SCALING"/>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="HIGH_DIFFICULTY_UNIT_XP_SCALING"/>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="LOW_DIFFICULTY_UNIT_XP_SCALING"/>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="HIGH_DIFFICULTY_FREE_TECH_BOOSTS"/>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV" ModifierId="HIGH_DIFFICULTY_FREE_CIVIC_BOOSTS"/>

..\Data\Leaders.xml
Code:
<Row>
            <ModifierId>HIGH_DIFFICULTY_FREE_TECH_BOOSTS</ModifierId>
            <ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_GRANT_RANDOM_TECHNOLOGY_BOOST_ON_NEW_ERA</ModifierType>
            <OwnerRequirementSetId>PLAYER_IS_HIGH_DIFFICULTY_AI</OwnerRequirementSetId>
        </Row>

<Row>
            <Name>Amount</Name>
            <Type>LinearScaleFromDefaultHandicap</Type>
            <Value>0</Value>
            <Extra>1</Extra>
        </Row>
        <Row>
            <Name>ApplyImmediately</Name>
            <Value>true</Value>
        </Row>

That is only thing I found about technologies for difficulty. Try to play with those values you might get what you want.

Yeah I just started game on diety and looked on Firetuner what technologies they have. They dont have any extra technologies. From files it seems that they only get tech boosts and have boosted science output. You can maybe remove some of those modifiers if you dont want them to be too ahead in science

Top Bottom