Remove the dialog box timeout?

anonymous87

Chieftain
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the timeout on dialog boxes in Civilization 2? I've only noticed it in multiplayer mode to this point. I'm refering to the dialog box timeout, not the whole-turn timeout (I already turned off the whole-turn timeout but the dialog boxes still disappear after a few seconds). To elaborate, what I mean is when a box pops up and gives info or asks for some decision and if you take more than a few seconds it disappears, choosing the default choice if a choice was required. This is an extremely annoying problem and would be really suprised if there wasn't some way to deactivate it or else someone hasn't designed a mod to do so.

Oh, one other question that came up while I was looking around: how do I tell what version of the game I have? The typical help/about doesn't seem to list it since it just rolls a credits list and I didn't see it in the readme either. I know I have the gold edition, but don't know if I have the latest patch or not.

I am new to this forum, so I apologize in advance if I've posted a question that has already been answered somewhere, but I spent quite a while trying to find the answer and was unable to do so.

I'd sure appreciate any help - thanks

Top Bottom