Remove v1.14 to upgrade to v1.16?

TsarAndreas

Warlord
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've finally managed to get round to upgrade to v1.16.

As the title suggests, i'm currently running v1.14. Do I need to do anything to prepare to install v1.16?

Thanks in advance.

Not a stupid question, but it's really simple really. The v1.16 installer will install the whole mod, previous versions are not required. I recommend deleting the mod folder for v1.14 before just in case.

Thanks Leoreth.

I've deleted v1.14, and downloaded v1.16.

All went well, and then it asked me to launch on completion of the download. I obliged, and was greeted with the following error:

Setup

Unable to execute file: \Civ4BeyondSword.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 2.
The system cannot find the file specified.

What is your Windows version?

It's installed into the Civilization IV folder, rather than the Civilization IV Beyond the Sword folder. Is that an issue?

Edit - yes it is.

The DoC shortcut doesn't launch (as mentioned above), and I tried using the old Beyond the Sword shortcut and DoC isn't an available mod.

It may be as simple as copying files from one folder to the next, so I'm happy to do that?

Edit the 2nd - all the files are saved in the Beyond the Sword folder too! So i don't know what ive done wrong... :-(

Last edited:
It's installed into the Civilization IV folder, rather than the Civilization IV Beyond the Sword folder. Is that an issue?

Edit - yes it is.

The DoC shortcut doesn't launch (as mentioned above), and I tried using the old Beyond the Sword shortcut and DoC isn't an available mod.

It may be as simple as copying files from one folder to the next, so I'm happy to do that?

Edit the 2nd - all the files are saved in the Beyond the Sword folder too! So i don't know what ive done wrong... :-(
Make sure it's the Beyond the Sword folder where Civ 4 is installed, not in My Games.

Take a look at the short cut it has created, it should look something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization

For the mod location, make sure that it's in Beyond the Sword\Mods\.

Ah. So the shortcut just says:

"C:\Civ4BeyondSword.exe mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization"

I think my equivalent is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization

I assume the " " are necessary, because when I try without it says the path is invalid. I've tried it now and am just waiting to see if loads up....

Great! Yes, the quotation marks are important for Windows 10, that's why I asked for the OS initially.

Hello all

I've recently upgraded my PC and one of the first things I did was to re-download DoC (using the link on the main page). However, my antivirus software has prevented me from completing the download.

Any hints? Or is this something that I need to raise?

For info, this is what it detected:

"Malware: Drop.Win32.MLDExe.310227"

Cheers!

Hey, this is not unusual. Anything that can install something on your machine (especially a DLL) is typically flagged as malware unless it is registered somewhere as a legitimate distributor. Your only choice is to trust me as a software provider or not install the mod, or download the zip directly where you can see what is in it.

A large part of the reason I upgraded my PC was because I wanted this game to take less than half an hour to load up.... :)

It keeps sending the file to quarantine, so I need to work out how to release it.

I only know what your malware program is, but usually you should be able to review past cases and restore files that have been moved to quarantine.

Top Bottom