1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing all expenses

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Asjo, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Asjo

Asjo Warlord

Hey, I'm making the ultimate middle age Warlords scenario where all nations use their special units. I have adjusted techs to make this happen and to make things as realistic as possible.

However, I can see that every nation is just making spearmen and archers for some reason and none of them make their special units even if they can. For instance, the Japanese would build spearmen instead of samurais and archers instead of crossbowmen - make no sense and kind of ruins my idea. The Vikings build no berzerkers and the Romans no Preatorians.

Anyhow, I got to thinking that it must be because they wanted to avoid the unit costs as all nations had a huge deficit. I removed that with partial success, but every nation was still losing a lot of money.

I spent six hours yesterday trying to add extra gold bonuses for buildings, terrains, bonuses, etc. with no success (despite going through loads of guides on these forums). For some reason, when I add a 2 gold bonus for grassland, for instance, a ciry that earlier produced 11 gold according to the city-screen now produces 0 - the accounts for all cities apart from the capital, which always produced the same amount of gold.

I got to thinking that I would like just just remove all costs/expenses so that no nation would ever lose gold. I was trying to cost maintenance costs yesterday, but only succeeded in reducing distance maintenance.

Can anybody tell me a sure-fire way to reduce any costs that a player would have? I really need it to finally get the scenario, which I have put weeks into, in action.