1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing Religious Pressure

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Frossa, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Frossa

Frossa Chieftain

I've been playing the Conquest of the New World Deluxe scenario, and I like the feature where Religions can only be spread through Missionaries, and all city pressure is disabled. This being in the game already suggests that it's not impossible, so my question is how would you do it? Does this require some advanced Lua or is it as easy as modifying an XML file?

2. Machiavelli24

Machiavelli24 Mod creator

In the Defines tables has a couple of tags that if you change should achieve your desired effect (XML only). If you set "RELIGION_ADJACENT_CITY_DISTANCE" to zero will probably make city pressure go away. Holy Cities would still self pressure but I think there is another tag for that.

3. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

ReligiousPressureAdjacentCity=0 in GameSpeeds will remove all religious pressure (holy city, adjacent city and trade routes)

4. Frossa

Frossa Chieftain

Yay! Thanks both of you :D