Renaissance + Industrial Revolution -> waste?

Tatran

Deity
I wanted to do a massive double upgrade of all my buildings, more than 20 and most of them were granaries,
with the two mini wonders, Renaissance + Industrial Revolution.
Result : only one of each type of building was upgraded.
I had more than 10 small granaries and only 1 was upgraded to modest.
So, 2 expensive GPs, a GS + GB, were actually wasted.
Maybe very early in the game both mini wonders are usefull for upgrading your palace, otherwise ignore them.

Yes, it only upgrades one of each building. It's still useful, though, especially in a small civ early in the game if you can co-ordinate it, and then you can sell back the buildings you don't want for extra hammers.

yea wasting multiple GP on receiving one random upgrade building is a huge fail

yea wasting multiple GP on receiving one random upgrade building is a huge fail

It's not one random upgrade. Those wonders upgrade ONE EACH of each type of small building. So if you plan it right, you can build one each of each building and get all your hammers back plus more.

A modest and large palace gives the same the trickle rate bonus as a small palace.

I finally got the opportunity to check the trickle rate of a ginormous palace.
Well, it's the same as for a small, modest and large palace. No bonus.
Also, a good placed village green (forests + fresh water) is always better than upgrading your palace which is never surrounded with good tiles.

I finally got the opportunity to check the trickle rate of a ginormous palace.
Well, it's the same as for a small, modest and large palace. No bonus.
Also, a good placed village green (forests + fresh water) is always better than upgrading your palace which is never surrounded with good tiles.

imho they should change this, add a whole new twist if better place gave better stuff.

I think the one per building type limit is lame, but you can make these worthwhile.

In my most recent game a friend and I built them very early on in a manner that made them pay off.

We each built a nicely located lumbermill and popped bubbles until we had enough hammers to build one of each building type.

SAVED our initial harvests. This is key.

Did a fertility rites, rennaisance when we had one of each early building type built, another fertility rites, then IR.

Upgrade your buildings to ginormous in a very methodical manner so that you are alternating interior minister. One guy made his lumbermill ginormous and popped all the harvests he had at the time, the first harvests he'd used all game. Now this isn't as effective as I'm sure it once was (likely was nerfed due to other using this strategy), but still, one out of every 3 harvests is given to the other guy in a 2-player team.

So anyways, bottom line is that one guy got 6 free harvests initially and immediately followed up giving 8 back to the first guy. At this point you wait to upgrade the other buildings from large to ginormous until harvests have been built back up and switch interior minister only when it makes sense. Some of the buildings you will hardly ever use, but they are worth it for the ability to flip interior minister and to get back the recycled hammers later on. Or, if you're a contest junkie you can keep the theater / market for contests later on (though those type of contests are pretty useless in a small civ of team-oriented players anyways).

Top Bottom